The Property Manager/Community Manager with Section 8 and LIHTC Experience is responsible for daily operations of their assigned properties. The Community Manager is responsible for assisting the Regional Manager regarding but not limited to: evaluating staffing needs, hiring and terminating staff, and ensuring the property is performing up to company standards (including unit turns, routine maintenance, leasing, occupancy, etc.). In addition, the Community Manager assist in the development of budgets and ensuring properties operate within the set budgets. The salary is $65-75K
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the all assigned staff, and works collaboratively with maintenance operations, to assure a smooth working operation
- Maintains wait list at 30% in Yardi
- Ensures vacant units are turned around and rented within 15 days
- Tracks and provides weekly corrective action report and status on all units vacant over 30 days
- Weekly inspection of property cleanliness with site report
- Responsible for the efficient and correct utilization of Onesite
- Organizes resident functions, and policies for community spaces, when applicable
- Strictly adhering to requirements on the monthly calendar
- Responsible for collaboratively tracking deposit of rent checks by Account Receivable and providing accurate weekly A/R report
- Ensure compliance with applicable property programs such as Project Based Section 8, HOME and/or Tax Credit (LIHTC).
- Work with Compliance Department to ensure compliance issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Responsible for keeping the property expenses within budget
- Responsible for working with vendors to ensure proper documentation of repairs, violations repair/closure, and timely payment of accounts payables
- Assists Regional Manager on annual budget preparations
- Responsible for all delinquencies (tenant, subsidy, commercial, etc.)
- Ensures all payables are Accurate in submission and Coded correctly for property, portfolio, and ownership
- Ensures all new resident paperwork is filled out properly
- Ensures the necessary paperwork and files are updated going forward (certifications & re-certifications)
- Ensures all regulatory certifications, filings and registrations are maintained as per regulation and local and state law
- Recommends and tracks all legal interventions, notices and proceedings with legal action when necessary
- Prepares timely weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, internal and external
- All other duties assigned
Must have Yardi experience.
Must have LIHTC, PVB, HOME and Section 8 experience
Must be able to work assigned hours as scheduled, and be on call 24/7.
Must be able to work in a fast paced, quality driven environment.
Must be able to maintain confidentially.
Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Must be able to meet assigned deadlines.
Familiarity with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment.
Required to learn all aspects of community manager duties.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*