The Property Manager with (HUD, HOME, Section 8 and LIHTC Experience) is responsible for daily operations of their assigned properties. The portfolio may consist of a mix of LIHTC, HOME, HUD 202 and PBRA, market and commercial units. Regulatory Agreements, property management operations and property management agreements guide the oversight and compliance requirements for all properties in the portfolio.
The Property Manager is responsible for ensuring properties are in compliance with all regulatory agreements, local/state/federal requirements, is fiscally viable including ensuring vacancy backfills, rent increases, leases, and arrears collections. The property manager is responsible for collaboratively and transparently working with the assigned staff to ensure re-certifications, leasing, vacancy Re rentals, compliance, tenant concerns, and site safety and security is maintained. Additional duties include but not limited to evaluating staffing needs, hiring, and terminating staff, and ensuring the property is performing up to company standards (including unit turns, routine maintenance, leasing, occupancy, etc.). In addition, the Property Manager assist in the compilation of expenses for budgets and ensuring properties operate within the set budgets. The salary is $75,000/year
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees all assigned staff, and works collaboratively with maintenance operations, to assure a smooth working operation
- Ensures vacant units are rented within 30 days of readiness and implements a Corrective action for any vacancy over the timeframe.
- Ensure Yardi move ins within 5 days of move in
- Ensure deposit accounting is completed and tenant is active in system and rent / subsidy collections
- Ensure monthly and annual leasing and recertifications are completed as per regulatory guidance.
- Ensure notices are sent and filed appropriately
- Ensure appointments are calendared, followed up with and noncompliance tenants are actively engaged
- Ensure leasing and recertifications are meeting 100% completion rate monthly
- Ensure all electronic and paper files contain clear and correct and data entry is correct and timely
- Ensure all move outs are processed appropriately and eligible security deposits are returned within 30 days
- Address tenant lease violations, complaints, and neighbor disputes
- Ensure all Tenant Income Verifications are completed, and system certifications are maintained
- Responsible for curing and providing proof of documentation for 8823s
- Responsible for all delinquencies and addressing the delinquencies (residential and commercial rent collections, subsidy abatements/terminations/reinstatements/recertification support, payment plans, ERAP applications, etc.)
- Hold tenant meetings, and ensure action/improvement-based plans are implemented to address tenant concerns and all efforts are properly documented and available for review
- Ensures waitlists are utilized, updated, maintained, computerized, as per property regulations. Maintains waitlist at 30% in Yardi
- Tracks and provides weekly corrective action report and status on all units vacant over 30 days
- Monthly inspection of property cleanliness with site report
- Responsible for the efficient and correct utilization of Yardi, SiteCompli, HPD and NYCHA Portals, and Convercent
- Organizes resident functions, and policies/applications/payments/inspections for community spaces, when applicable
- Organizes and implements annual unit inspections for all properties, semi-annual for supportive housing
- Set and strictly adhering to requirements on the monthly calendars to ensure all staff are meeting deadlines, deliverables, etc.
- Responsible for collaboratively tracking deposit of rent checks by Account Receivable and providing accurate weekly A/R report
- Ensure compliance with applicable property programs such as Project Based Section 8, HOME and/or Tax Credit (LIHTC).
- Work with Compliance Department to ensure compliance issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Responsible for monitoring procurement activities and keeping the property expenses within budget
- Collaborate with maintenance department to ensure proper documentation of repairs, violations repair/closure, and timely payment of accounts payables
- Ensures all payables are Accurate in submission and coded correctly for property, portfolio, and ownership
- Ensures all new resident paperwork is filled out properly and processed appropriately and timely, and filed electronically and in paper files
- Ensures the necessary paperwork and files are updated going forward (certifications & re-certifications)
- Ensures all regulatory certifications, filings and registrations are maintained as per regulation and local and state law
- Recommends and tracks all legal interventions, notices, and proceedings with legal action when necessary
- Prepares timely weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, internal and external
- All other duties assigned
Must have Yardi experience.
Must have LIHTC, HOME, PBV and Section 8 experience
Must be able to work assigned hours as scheduled and be on call 24/7.
Must be able to work in a fast paced, quality driven environment.
Must be able to maintain confidentially.
Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Must be able to meet assigned deadlines.
Familiarity with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment.
Required to learn all aspects of property manager duties.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*