Ramon Velez Expansion Project
Licensed Practical Nurse
Bronx, NY : 2/15/2022
Ramon Velez Expansion Project
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides assistance to health care team in performing tasks and responsibilities while implementing medical care and services for women with history of chemical dependence, including but not limited to collecting health history, health assessment, annual physicals, minor office procedures, coordinating medical intake process, executing medical regimens prescribed by licensed healthcare providers, treatment, referral, health counseling and follow up care and services. Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams in providing patient centered care in providing positive measurable outcomes.
This position has the following management/supervisory responsibility (check only one):
This position includes no managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
This is a supervisory position.
This position is a managerial position.
This is a director/administrator position.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Under the supervision of the medical director and registered nurse, provide supportive and restorative care to individuals in residential programs to provide health services to women and children.
- Review referred potential client medical histories submitted by the intake department
- Assist with referring clients to appropriate health care provider specialists.
- Assist with managing the symptoms of withdrawal for clients who are in the stabilization element of care, this may include referral to seek further medical attention
- Conduct health assessments with all new clients
- Assist with the managing client prescriptions with various pharmacy
- Administer medications and maintain accurate and concise medication administration records for review and audit upon request by DOH and adhere to medication protocols according to policy and procedures.
- Perform technical skills such as vital signs, phlebotomy, and various lab collections procedures
- according to CLIA guidelines and standards of nursing practice.
- Coordinates with the clients primary care physicians to inform decisions regarding management and treatment of problems identified and provides care as prescribed by physician.
- Assist in client care: Implement and follow-up on established plan of care and monitor progress
- Assist in client referral and follow-up appointments
- Assist is in providing optimal care to clients including referral to emergency department when necessary to prevent physical or mental harm and prevent adverse outcomes to clients health or and ability to cope physically or mentally with environmental stressors.
- Work with interdisciplinary team members regarding modification of treatment as necessary according to health concerns.
- Monitoring the wellness center to promote organized and efficient medication tracking, refills, and
- disposal of medication, as needed.
- Document all medications in electronic health record system Nextgen.
- May participate in staff meeting or professional development activities as needed.
- Assist in the event of shortage when requested.
- High School Diploma/GED and proof of graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Must possess an active and unrestricted license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in New York State.
- Must possess current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must possess current NYS approved Infection Control certification (4.0 hours, valid for 4 years).
- Knowledge of substance/alcohol dependence/use population.
- Must have specific training in chemical use, abuse and dependence specific to the services provided.
- Must obtain Mandated reporter (2 hours) prior to hire date.
- Website info: https://nysmandatedreporter.org/TrainingCourses.aspx
- Minimum three (2) years practical experience in health care facility.
- Knowledge of substance/alcohol dependence/abuse population.
- Specialty Area may include but not limited to Family Health, Women's Health, Holistic Care, etc.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here