The Maintenance Worker/Handyman must have at least two year's work experience in maintenance and repairs of residential physical structure, mechanical systems, operating equipment and machinery. He/ She must demonstrate ability to work alone, as well as part of a working team, and must possess good human relations skills when entering occupied apartments or working in public areas. Must have ability to perform duties of Porter/Cleaner, be in good physical condition and good health. The salary is $15.40/Hr
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Performs maintenance and repairs, installation and removal of fixtures, wall and floor surfaces and related work to restore property or systems to their original useful function and in compliance with housing quality standards. Works individually or in a team assigned. Makes written evaluation of the repairs needed prior to beginning the work and submits findings to Maintenance Supervisor. Prepares work areas, selects materials, tools and supplies needed for the successful completion of the job. Restores work area to a clean safe and useable state.
SUMMARY OF PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Performs related maintenance and repair work in the areas of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, drywall, painting, and other related trades.
- Replaces bathroom, kitchen sinks, showerheads, faucets, toilet bowls and toilet tanks.
- Replace and adjusts radiators and steam valves.
- Repairs and/or replaces doors, closet doors, locks and cylinders.
- Maintains and/or repairs physical structure using hand and power tools.
- Corrects toilet, drain and sewer stoppages throughout the facilities using hand, electrical snakes and chemicals, as needed.
- Repairs cracks and other damages to walls, ceilings by replacing or repairing sheetrock; plasters, tape and repaints surfaces. Paints vacant apartments as directed.
- Repairs and installs refrigerators, stoves and air conditioners as directed.
- Repairs interior and exterior of buildings. Performs masonry patch work to seal up cracks in sidewalks, stoops and other surfaces.
- Repairs and/or replaces plywood floor and floor covering.
- Changes light fixtures, light bulbs, ballast, light switches and performs other minor electrical repairs. In emergencies may shut down the buildings' power supply.
- Replaces ceramic bathroom tiles on walls, wainscot, and floors, and replaces ceramic paper toilet holders and other fixtures and accessories. Replaces shower poles and toilet holders in bathroom.
- Responds to emergencies as directed, e.g. fires, snow removal, uses hand or power tools to remove snow or debris from facilities, sidewalks and rear yards.
- Reports major conditions beyond his/her scope of work to the Maintenance Supervisor. Takes precautionary measures to shut down equipment, systems and maintains safety standards to protect life and property. Performs the essential functions in this section, but they are not limited to the tasks and responsibilities written down.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read and write English, follow oral and written instructions, report conditions in writing, and lift and carry heavy objects.
- Must have demonstrated skill proficiency in the trades.
*Acacia Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*