After School and Youth Programs
New York, NY : 2/3/2022
After School and Youth Programs
Under the direction and supervision of the Program Director, Summer Youth Employment Coordinator and Program Job Developer, the Youth Counselor will supervise and monitor SYEP participants at multiple work sites, provide leadership, direction, training and support to SYEP participants at multiple work sites as well as performing both administrative and direct service tasks. They will produce weekly programmatic reports on work sites' concerns and issues. Attend department meetings, as needed. Collect all SYEP relevant documents (e.g. timesheets, evaluations, ISS forms).
These positions will run through March through June Part Time
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate enrollment process for SYEP participants, including document collection and ensuring all paperwork is filled out neatly and correctly; enter participant information into DYCD database.
- Assist in facilitation of work readiness workshops for SYEP participants.
- Monitor employer worksites and meet regularly with worksite supervisors to assess their satisfaction with each youth employee; complete weekly worksite assessments.
- Monitor daily hours for SYEP participants, including timesheet collection, and report hours to the Payroll Manager for processing.
- Comfortability with traveling throughout NYC to various worksites and businesses.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships as requested.
- Provide ongoing support to SYEP participants; provide referrals as needed.
- Attend professional development workshops and program events.
- Communicate with all staff, parents, youth and community members in a polite and respectful manner so as to represent the program in a professional way.
- Complete all necessary closeout tasks, including the collection of participant evaluations, worksite evaluations, and worksite surveys.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Program Director and Job Developer
- Fully Vaccinated against covid-19
- Attending College and one (1-2) years work experience related to customer service and administrative duties
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency with two (2) year's work related experience
- Bachelors Preferred.
- Effective communications skills, both oral and written form;
- Excellent organizational skills essential to maintain accurate records;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Interact professionally with participants, staff, clients and community partners in a professional manner;
- Work collaboratively with other team members to meet common goals;
- Sensitivity and awareness to different cultures
- Conduct himself/herself as a professional as per policy on conduct, appearance and adherence to the overall organizational policy
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite computer knowledge (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with Youth Development Services a plus
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here