Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for providing financial information by recording, maintaining and reconciling financial data; preparing schedules and reports. Assists in preparing and coordinating the General Ledger for assigned entities, participates in Year End Audits, and gathers information required and facilitates department reporting and variance analysis.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of the monthly financials for assigned entities in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations and resolve discrepancies.
- Record and reconcile inter-company transactions and post adjusting journal entries.
- Analyze General Ledger Accounts - prepayments and accruals, etc.
- Prepare monthly spreadsheets to record prepayments, accruals etc.
- Review individual properties for month end close for multiple affordable housing projects.
- Assist in calculating management fees and monthly recurring entries on assigned buildings.
- Following policies and procedures according to the accounting practice.
- Assist in research of accounts payable or receivable discrepancies.
- Assist in accounts payable and receivable process as requested.
- Assist in year end audit and provide supporting documents.
- Accomplish the organization"s mission by completing related duties timely and accurately
- Assist accounting team with day to day duties and special projects and duties as needed
- BA Degree in Accounting or finance
- 3-5 years Accounting experience
- Accounting and reconciliation
- Attention to detail; flexibility and adaptability
- Deadline oriented
- Experience working with Accounting software, preferably Yardi
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in computer skills
- Non-Profit experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year