Under supervision of the Program Director, the requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The psychiatric nurse practitioner is responsible for professional health care services, in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical/nursing practice for the target population and within the scope of practice. Provide other health care services including but not limited to assessment and evaluation, treatment, on-call coverage and consultation. The provider ensures strengths based, person centered quality of care provided in a culturally and linguistically meaningful therapeutic environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The functions below outline the general responsibilities associated with this position. Each of these functions is considered critical to effective department operations and our Mission. It is expected that all staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to business necessity. Salary is $90.65/hour. Non-union position.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Active staff member of the CCBHC expansion grant, participation on all grant related activities, service delivery as per health disparities indicators.
- Complete all ccbhc expansion grant trainings and attendance to grant related collaborative meetings.
- Compete psychiatric assessments symptom monitoring and medication management.
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data, including vitals on patient by using EBPs assessment tools as per organizational policy.
- Evaluate and interpret patient data in order to plan and implement appropriate medical interventions and decrease health disparities indicators.
- Provide general nursing services across the organization within scope of license and patient safety goals.
- Conduct integrating care by completing medical records, health screenings, physicals, in accordance to organizational policy.
- Prescribe and administer medications based on patient needs and care plan based on organizational policy.
- Conduct patient education after assessing patient needs and prior knowledge of medical record.
- Meet weekly clinic productivity expectations.
- Conduct health-wellness promotion activities to educate patients on best health care practices.
- Participate in staff and organizational meetings as requested for care coordination and development of policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures as per scope of practice.
- Participate in all integrated meetings and assist in the development of the Integrated Treatment and Recovery Plan.
- Provide patients with consistent and pro-active primary health care monitoring, treatment and specialty referrals.
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor/management.
- Participate in the development and facilitation of health-wellness EBPs group curriculums.
- Complete office duties as needed/required.
- Registered Nurse with completion of accredited NP Program
- New York State Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner License (PMHMP)
- Three years of practical experience in ambulatory care
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English)
- Experience or desire to work with people who have a mental illness
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Ability to complete work independently as well as in collaboration with team members
- Must be team oriented with a willingness to be flexible and helpful to move the organizational goals
- Excellent computer skills including, Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic communications tools: internet and email
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter to meet organizational goals
- Excellent time management skills
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*