Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager as part of a wider HR team, is pivotal in helping drive change and performance management. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned programs and manages the administration of the Human Resources policies, procedures. The Manager is also charged with carrying out responsibilities various functional areas including: employee relations and labor relations and managing the Acacia Network Housing Portfolio.
The HR Manager must ensure high levels of communication within the HR team and also provide business focused human resources functional guidance with emphasis on aligning human resources initiatives with business strategies & objectives and promoting a high performance environment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists Program Administrator/Directors in the interviewing and hiring process by screening and selecting most qualified candidates by matching job requirements to applicant skills and qualifications.
- Assists Program Administrators/Directors in developing and maintaining current job descriptions for all staff positions within respective programs.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees.
- Provide guidance to Program Administrator/Directors regarding job related/employee relations issues.
- Responsible for providing guidance on issues and matters relating to employee relations, performance management, organizational design and development, conflict resolution, human resources policies and procedures, compensation and benefits, workers compensation and state/federal employment law.
- Assists in investigations, disciplinary and counseling processes and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Prepares Weekly HR reports for all areas of responsibility (reports include: recruitment activity, employee relations, LOAs, regulatory audits/surveys, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Assists as needed in completing organization-wide credentialing for all providers. Completes new credentialing, renewals, verifications, file maintenance, etc. Prepares files for Credentialing Committee and Board of Directors approval. Ensures files are up-to-date and audit ready at all times.
- Assists as needed in processing and reconciling monthly bills from vendors for pre-employment health screens. Review bills for accuracy and processes for payment. Resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Respond to benefit inquiries on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state labor laws/regulations to ensure compliance.
- Represent the company for any unemployment hearings for contested unemployment claims.
- Ensures legal compliance on HR-related issues including ADA, EEO/AA, FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, etc.
- Attend and actively participate in departmental and/or organizational meetings, trainings and workshops as required.
- 5+ years previous relevant experience in Human Resources required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Management or an equivalent related field required.
- Working knowledge of HR functions including recruiting and hiring, benefit administration, employee/labor relations and compensation.
- Familiarity with medical/dental/life insurance enrollment and administration.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- having the ability to interface with associates and management at all levels, handling confidential issues and information with discretion.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office, HR Perspective/HRB and EZ Labor.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- PHR or SHRM-CP a plus.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*