Under supervision of the Program Director, the License Clinical Social Worker is responsible for the provision of short and long term psychotherapy to a caseload of psychiatrically diagnosed individuals within the integrated outpatient treatment program.
This position requires great organizational and time management skills. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluates and provides therapeutic interventions for adults diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Assessments performed with complete formulation, differential diagnosis, treatment and safety planning.
- Provides individual therapy and group services rooted in evidenced based practice.
- Works as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team and practices client centered and holistic care.
- Communicates effectively with client, collateral contacts, outside agencies, referring agencies, and/or outside providers as needed for continuity of care.
- Maintains appropriate and timely documentation of clinical services and related clinical contacts in accordance with OMH and OASAS regulations and organizational expectations.
- Performs clinical, compliance, and administrative duties as instructed.
- Assist in the development of Evidenced Based Practices Group Curriculums in collaboration with the team.
- Assist in the creation or enhancing of group curriculums for new or upcoming group cycles.
- Attends professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence
- Provide clinical/task supervision for agency interns MSW, MHC, BSW, LMSW
- Conduct seminars and training for other clinical staff on various mental health diagnoses.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary treatment teams and case conferences to determine client care and treatment planning.
- Provide crisis intervention on as needed basis.
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in Social Work experience in a Mental or Behavioral Health environment required.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or an equivalent related field required
- Current and unrestricted LCSW- NYS Licensure
- S. I. F. I preferred (Seminar in Field Instruction)
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.