Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Leave Coordinator is responsible for administering Acacia Network's Leave of Absence (LOA) program. The Leave Coordinator will ensure compliance and proper documentation of leaves in accordance with the organization policies and federal, state and local laws including the timely distribution of required forms and communications, tracking of all leaves, and administration of the ADA interactive process. The Leave Coordinator serves as the subject matter expert and first point of contact for employees on leaves and is the liaison between the employees, the insurance carriers and management. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage end-to-end leave processes (application, approval, rejection, cancellation).
- Determine leave eligibility and leave type based on federal, state and local laws and organizational policies.
- Process all leave applications and forms, establish claims and ensure completion of the claims with all third party vendors as necessary.
- Codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes and procedures.
- Ensure the timely and efficient submission of Worker's Compensation, Disability, Paid Family Leave forms to insurance carrier.
- Assist employees through the leave of absence process and explain all leave policies and procedures (including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, Workers' Compensation, New York Paid Family Leave, Disability Leave, Military Leave and all state and local leave laws).
- Conduct necessary follow up with employees utilizing the ADA interactive process regarding leave status, updates and return to work date.
- Provide communication to employees on a timely basis throughout the leave process (such as application status, notice of rights, designations and other notices, medical certifications, claim numbers and required forms).
- Submit bi-weekly updates to vice presidents/directors/managers regarding leave of absence status.
- Work closely with managers to facilitate return to work under Modified Duty Program for employee's on Worker's Compensation.
- Proactively and accurately manage leave of absence data in HRIS to ensure data integrity for leave-related reporting.
- Maintain up to date employee leave files with all applications, forms, medical notes, etc.
- Make recommendations and contribute to continuous improvement of leave administration and accommodations process.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal developments related to leaves and accommodations (including statutes, regulations, case law, etc.)
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in Human Resources required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Management or an equivalent related field required.
- Thorough understanding of company policies to ensure accurate, fair and consistent policy provisions.
- Working knowledge of HR functions and focus on benefit administration and compensation.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws – ADA, Workers Compensation, FMLA, PFLA
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Strict adherence to HIPAA Privacy Rules.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office, HR Perspective/HRB and EZ Labor.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*