Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources the Human Resources Assistant provides front-office support for the Human Resources team and assists in a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The Human Resources Assistant must be able to work effectively in a team environment as well as work independently, establish workload priorities, manage multiple tasks, take initiative and work under pressure to perform and complete a high volume of work with speed and accuracy to meet established deadlines. The salary is $18-19/Hour
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operates multi-line phone system, answering lines, directing calls, and taking messages as appropriate.
- Greets and assists all persons who enter the Human Resources office and facilitates concerns/requests in a polite and efficient manner.
- Ensures distribution and replenishing various HR forms to employees, candidates, and other visitors.
- In charge of the creation, replacement and ordering of supplies for ID badges for all employees.
- Acts as a translator during meetings and translates documents as needed.
- Coordinate's enrollment in the ADP biometric finger scan machine.
- Opens, reviews, and distributes mail to Human Resources team.
- Ensures distribution and sign off on payroll to office liaisons on pay date.
- Creates, distribute and ensure compliance of exit conference for all employees who resign.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing supplies. Prepares purchase orders; coordinating the process of purchasing and distribution; and comparing purchase orders with invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Processes all employment verification requests (internal and external).
- Completes all legal file record copy requests.
- Schedule meetings for Sr. VP of Human Resources and Talent Management and the Director of Human Resources as needed.
- Completes copier/scanning projects.
- Ensures the office runs smoothly working collaboratively and maintaining an upbeat, positive attitude and other administrative activities that support the function of the office as assigned by the Program Director. Providing a wide range of administrative duties to the Director.
- Will serve as back up for the Receptionist when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be fully vaccinated against covid-19
- High School Diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in office setting required.
- Knowledge of commonly-used Human Resources concepts, practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of HR functions including recruiting and hiring.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws.
- Bilingual-Spanish preferred.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels, handling confidential issues and information with discretion.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Intermediate PC skills including MS Office, HRIS familiarity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*