The Regional Property Manager may be based out of our residential community located in Bronx, NY. Has with extensive experience managing multiple complex tax credit/affordable (LIHTC) communities in the not for profit property management organizations. The success of the company is dependent upon the satisfaction of our residents. Our devoted staff maintains direct involvement in managing each of our properties and tending to their needs.
Responsible for all operational and financial aspects of an assigned portfolio of properties, ensuring that they are in compliance with applicable regulations. Responsible for managing the apartment communities to achieve maximum pre-determined marketing and financial results. Implements Company policies in leasing, accounting, maintenance, resident relations and management reports. Hires, trains, supervises and motivates on-site personnel.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees property operations within the assigned portfolio to ensure corporate policies and procedures are followed and enforced
- Oversees the all assigned staff, and works collaboratively with finance operations, to assure a smooth working operation
- Ensures a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment by implementing company policy and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations
- Monthly inspection of property cleanliness with site report
- Semi-Annual walk throughs with Asset Manager to inspect building systems and advise leadership of capital need per property
- Provides back up and support to Property Managers and close collaboration with Field Supervisors
- Communicates regularly with the leadership and keeps leadership informed on industry and property portfolio needs, trends, and
- Provides direction on a property's marketing strategy to generate rentals or rent increases
- Meet Budget Objectives (Maximize Revenue)
- Collection of Budgeted Income
- Maximize gross rent
- Minimize vacant and delinquent rent loss
- Maximize miscellaneous income items
- Maximize Revenue Collections
- Drives expedient unit backfill region wide
- Ensures vacant units are turned around and rented within 15 days
- Tracks and trends weekly corrective action report and status on all units vacant over 30 days
- Ensures Rent Revenue for commercial and residence is at 95% and develop/implements change management plans to improve poor performing portfolios/staff
- Responsible for collaboratively tracking Account Receivable and providing accurate weekly A/R report with Corrective Action measures and progress updates to VP
- Ensure portfolio is actively increasing rents, as per regulatory agreements and rent guidelines, and presenting rent revenue increase plans for areas of application/regulatory request needs
- Responsible for ensuring all delinquencies are being addressed (tenant, subsidy, commercial, etc.) and implementing corrective action plans for poor performers
- Control Expenditures
- Plan, schedule and control expenditures in order to obtain products and services at minimum cost
- Review and approve purchase and payables
- Schedule and approve vendor services
- Collaborate with finance to ensure vendor management (balances under 90 days owed)
- Ensure marketing is in accordance with regulation and local law
- Manage Yardi RentCafe communications and content appropriateness
- Ensure all Waitlists are kept in Yardi, managed according to regulation, are reviewed regularly, and are utilized in vacancy backfill
- Ensure application for housing meetings portfolio needs and is reviewed/updated annually
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly supervises all Property Managers, and subordinate staff as needed, of assigned regions
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop and maintain an annual and monthly calendar or deadlines/duties for all staff and ensure staff adherence with all assigned tasks
- Review and ensure all staff reporting is accurate and completed timely
- Ensure compliance with applicable property programs such as Project Based Section 8, HOME and/or Tax Credit (LIHTC).
- Work in partnership with Compliance Department to ensure compliance issues (8823's) are addressed in a timely manner by staff, and coordinate with Legal when identified as a concern
- Ensures the necessary paperwork and files are updated going forward (certifications & re-certifications)
- Ensures all regulatory certifications, filings and registrations are maintained as per regulation and local and state law
- Recommends and tracks all legal interventions, notices and proceedings with legal action when necessary
- Prepares timely weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, internal and external
- All other duties assigned
Must have Yardi experience.
Must have LIHTC, PVB, HOME, Mitchell Lama and Section 8 experience
Must be able to work assigned hours as scheduled and be on call 24/7.
Must be able to work in a fast paced, quality driven environment.
Must be able to maintain confidentially.
Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Must be able to meet assigned deadlines.
Familiarity with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment.
5 years affordable housing supervisory experience
Must have experience managing multiple complex housing portfolios
Bachelors in related profession, masters preferred
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*