The Rapid ART Peer role is to assist clients in navigating the medical system to initiate Rapid ART and support engagement and retention in care. Responsible for working alongside Care Managers and other program Peers with a focus on providing client support to improve engagement, retention in care and ART treatment adherence. The salary is $40,000/year
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Schedules client appointments, provides reminders, and accompanies clients to appointments/pharmacies
- Clarifies information and answer questions regarding disease pathology, treatment eligibility and evaluation, HIV/AIDS treatment and medications, and managing co-morbidities
- Provides socio-emotional support to clients and help to establish valuable social connections with others.
- Assists clients on HIV/AIDS treatment by providing treatment adherence support and education
- Inputs data regarding client encounters; updates clinician on all new developments concerning patient
- Orders medication, tracks prescriptions and refills.
- Translates for Spanish speaking patients; other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma Required; AI-Peer certification preferred or encouraged
- Lived experience of HIV; at least 1 year working with individuals with chronic illnesses (including HIV)
- Experience working with homeless population
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking a plus.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*