Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we've been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The IT Support Specialist is a hands-on technician for delivering customer support for all day to day on-site desktop and phone support. The position is responsible for providing support for all incidents and requests in an effort to resolve issues either utilizing remote tools or visiting user community on-site for troubleshooting. The position strives to improve customer service by managing customer relations and handling incidents to resolution in a timely manner. This position interfaces with all user community, IT managers, and technical staff. Salary is $27.47/ hour
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Build, maintain and implement desktop imagines for all different types of hardware/software
- Drive to offsite locations throughout the New York City boroughs and immediate outer locations
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology or related discipline, plus Minimum of two years of experience within the field.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, and Operating Systems including Windows, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- A Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Work is performed in office environment with frequent trips to off-site locations.
- Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Almost always: Fingering (typing, keyboarding, etc.)
- Frequently: Lifting up to 50 lbs of computer equipment, reaching, extended sitting.
- Seldom: Extended period of standing to perform application training.
- Frequently: Kneeling, visual inspection, extended walking.
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer