The Entitlements Specialist is responsible for ensure all patients are financially cleared for admission. Interview and investigate applicants for Public Assistance, Medicaid or SSI to gather information pertinent to their applications. Complete and submit Medicaid, Public Assistance and SSI applications. Schedule applicants in a timely manner in which they should deliver necessary documents to support eligibility requirements. Monitor and dis-enroll patients who qualify to be exempt from Managed Care. Ensure patients recertify their case with HRA. The salary is $26.00/ Hr.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Establish linkages and maintain solid working relationships with local Social Security Office and Human Resources centers.
- Work with Acacia Staff to make sure all Residents are in receipt of all entitlements they may be eligible for.
- Assist in applying for, re-certifying and/or trouble shooting with City, State and Federal entitlement programs.
- Directly work with the different Acacia Department who are having difficulty on resolving entitlement issues.
- Provide accurate, complete, and timely documentation of the provision of supportive social services and consumer progression/regression toward the goals of securing payments to all Programs.
- Participates in professional development activities such as in-service trainings, seminars, webinars, and conferences as needed.
- Ensure all patient are financially cleared prior to admission
- Ensure applications are submitted timely to HRA
- Monitor patient accounts to ensure appropriate timeframes are met
- Keep records of submitted applications and prepare month end reports
- Update the computer system with updates of all submitted cases and accounts referred
- Medicaid, SSI and Public Assistance experience preferred
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Organizational skills (prioritize, plan and follow through to completion)
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word and Excel)
- Must be able to travel to the other site
- Associate/BA Degree preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state benefit programs.
- Demonstrated experience in effective communication, proficient computer skills, organization and multitasking.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
- Must be able to work in multi-tasked environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in HRA Public Assistance, Food Stamp, Medicaid, managed care plans, Supplemental Social Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) application process and regulations
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with supervisory oversight.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*