Under supervision of the Nurse Manager (RN) and with the collaboration of the program director, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) be the dispensary nurse responsible for the safe and efficient dispensing of doses of methadone to clients, consistent with the clinic procedures. The LPN will coordinate the implementation of medication dispensing in the Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) for clients which can include various assisted treatment medications such as methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone, and naloxone in the OTP dispensing unit. He/she will be required to collaborate with members of the behavioral health, medical team and other leadership in the development, management, and operations of the OTP and will operate under the organization's philosophy, standards of practice and policy.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Adheres and dispenses appropriate methadone dosages, in accordance with clinic procedures and guidelines according to DEA, OASAS, SAMSHA, and DOH regulations.
* Details inventory maintenance and reporting with computations according to each tour.
* Maintains accurate documentation of daily methadone dispensing log.
* Maintains daily reports for accountability of daily dispensing activities such as calibration, spillage, compliance, and swapping of inventory.
* Performs nursing assessment during each medication dispensed for each client to identify alertness and orientation.
* Adheres and maintains security of dispensing area and inventory; report any diversion to immediate nursing supervisor.
* Utilizes computer skills to dispense methadone via computer system.
* Completes nursing assessments and evaluations during intake, client visit, annual evaluation and/or crisis basis.
* Reviews client's medical history and medication during initial evaluation and the 90-day reassessment.
* Ensures that the findings of the nursing assessment, the comprehensive care plan, and recommendations for nursing follow-up are documented dated, and signed in the client's record.
* Communicates to client's primary counselor and medical director when new medical or nursing needs are apparent.
* Performs technical skills such as vital signs, phlebotomy, and various lab collection procedures according to CLIA guidelines.
* Conducts and documents tuberculin implanting and reading within appropriate time frame, during admission and at annual examination.
* Ensures the provision and coordination of staff teaching regarding prevention, transmission, risk reduction and risk elimination strategies for HIV/AIDS.
* Provides educational health related materials at admission, as needed, at the request of a client or as medically/clinically indicated.
* Implements nursing care effectively and with courtesy according to clinic policy and procedures.
* Follows accepted standards of nursing practice in providing direct care, performing procedures, and using equipment.
* Maintains infection control standards per policy and in collaboration with Medical Director.
* Coordinates all necessary client services with interdisciplinary team members in the comprehensive care planning process.
* Maintains accurate documentation of all nursing activities.
* Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
* Minimum three (3) years practical experience in health care facility.
* Must possess an active and unrestricted license as a NYS Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in New York State.
* Must possess current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
* Must possess current NYS approved Infection Control certification (4.0 hours, valid for 4 years).
* Must have specific training in chemical use, abuse and dependence specific to the services provided.
* Must obtain Mandated reporter (2 hours) prior to hire date.
o Website info: https://nysmandatedreporter.org/TrainingCourses.aspx
* Obtain within six months of hire:
o Supporting Recovery with Medications Addiction Treatment (MAT)
o CASAC Canon of Ethics (6 hours)
o Confidentiality related to 42CFR (3 hours)
* Knowledge of substance/alcohol dependence/use population.
* Excellent computer skills, familiar with electronic OTP dispensing systems.
* Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
* Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
* Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
* Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*