Under the supervision of the Site Manager and Providers, Medical Assistants perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the facility running smoothly. The Medical Assistant is accountable for performing patient care activities associated with the persona needs and comfort of clinic patients, assisting members of the clinic team and maintaining a clean, safe environment. This position includes no managerial or supervisory responsibilities
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist other medical staff as requested while practicing within limits of training
- Assist in obtaining medical and social history
- Provide assistance in care coordination with providers and other programs within the agency
- Explain appointment procedures, special instructions from providers, and medical procedures to patients as well as address additional needs and concerns of patient
- Complete medical records in accordance to organizational policy
- Attend staff and organizational meetings as requested
- Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures
- Demonstrate flexibility with dual roles within the program by assisting with front desk support, Filing, and stocking supplies in exam rooms
- Perform all vitals, temp, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height, weight, BMI, Adult Weight Assessment
- Conduct allergy testing, medication reconciliations, cultures, lab procedures, venipunctures and all other interim care
- Checking of Crash Cart AED, Defibrillator, EBOX and other equipment daily
- Point of care testing and patient education
- Referrals/Care Coordination
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor/management
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Associates Degree in healthcare or medical office setting preferred.
- Valid and verifiable Medical Assistant Certification required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification required.
Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.
- Makes decisions within well-defined parameters or the completion of own tasks only.
- Bilingual - Spanish strongly preferred.
- Computer literate
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*