Behavioral Health (Greenhope Services for Women)
1) Responsible for completing the necessary tasks for the operation of the kitchen and dining hall for women and children while on shift.
2) Monitor inventory and amount of food that is being utilized, as directed by supervisor.
3) Perform cooking and food preparation duties as necessary.
4) Ensure compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
5) Adhere to the developed nutritional standards based on accepted industry standards.
6) Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
7) Assist with receiving food and beverage deliveries, and checking delivery contents in order to verify product quality and quantity.
8) Investigate, report to supervisor, and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
9) Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate.
10) Follow standards for personnel performance and customer service including review of work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
11) Maintain food and equipment inventories, and document inventory records as directed by supervisor.
12) Maintain cleanliness and appearance of workspace to be in compliance with all sanitation and department of health standards.
13) Work with operations supervisor and other personnel to schedule use of client volunteers and/interns assigned to the facility.
14) Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1) Must be formally trained in food service or culinary arts or have equivalent experience in food service or culinary arts
2) A minimum of 2 years' experience in the field (or comparable experience). Experience in Social service or public service sector a plus.
3) Must have food handling certificate, pass medical requirements including TB test and pass background check.
4) Must be efficient, have strong work ethic and organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
5) Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity Employer*