The Administrator of Property Management is responsible for all aspects relating to the affordable housing property management portfolio operations. The Administrator understands city, state and federal government regulations, property budgets and regulatory agreements, housing / landlord regulations, disabled and homeless populations, and financial operations. Manages assigned staff and resolves issues that may impact operations, quality, and regulatory compliance and revenue collections. The Administrator is a key team leader for the department and is responsible for aligning the department and leading the department to quality operations while collaborating with peers and Acacia Network internal departments.
The salary range is between $110-120K
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees daily operations and management of housing portfolio including, but not limited to, building, staffing, leasing, recertifications, violations management, etc.
- Manages all departmental operations, reporting and timely revenue collections according to terms of property management agreements, HAP contracts, regulatory agreements, Acacia benchmarks, etc. and resolve payment issues and address operational issues associated with each.
- Oversees the revenue/expenses and ensures spending is projected accurately and costs are appropriate, paid timely and are in accordance to budgets.
- Ensures well organized departmental procedures and operations; creating an environment of teamwork, quality and collaboration, and collaborates with agency staff to ensure a strong continuum and quality integrated services (i.e. Asset Management, Compliance, Supportive Housing, Health, Finance, Maintenance, etc.).
- Ensure properties and daily procedures operate as per regulation and Acacia Network standards and implement performance improvement measures to ensure correction.
- Coordinates with MIS department to ensure reporting requirements are in data compliance standards, appropriately using Electronic Record Keeping (i.e. Yardi) and implements electronic advances in properties with technology deficiencies.
- Provides expert knowledge of the regulations (regulatory agreements, underwriting, HUD, DOB, HPD, etc.) and funder priorities to provide guidance to agency leadership and remain a resource for program development and strategic planning.
- Monitors the quality assurance data and processes for all records, update policies and tools to stay in compliance with regulations, and drive performance measures.
- Ensure proper incident management and reporting as per Acacia standard and regulatory requirements, manage incident trending and reduction, and ensure internal review committee participation.
- Ensure that buildings and property management units are operating at required staff: ensure all positions are maintained and expedite backfill of vacant positions.
- Ensure revenue collections are strong, including rent collections for residential and commercial, vacancy backfill, arrears collections
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to administrator of maintenance, regional property managers, community managers, recertification specialists and department to ensure the effective and efficient functioning.
- Monitors the staff workload, establishing expectations/goals at the beginning of the appraisal year, providing informal feedback throughout the year and formal feedback through the company annual performance review process.
- Along with the staff, ensures that all staff conforms to all applicable HPD, HUD, DOB, LIHTC, DOHMH, HASA, HIPAA, billing (A/P & A/R) compliance and safety policies and guidelines.
- Invests in lean management to reduce process waste and support staff effectiveness.
- Leads change projects to improve overall operations, compliance indicators, etc.
- Improve and manages vendor relationships.
- Sound advisor to executive team and board on present department trends and future funding/field trends.
- Provides status reports on department operations and budgetary status to leadership team immediately on major issues.
- Manages payroll operations of the department and ensures Human Resources and Payroll documentation is accurate.
- Represents Acacia at the position related committees.
- And other duties.
- Knowledge of Yardi required.
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor Degree Preferred
- 5 years of Property Management Experience required with emphasis on LIHTC, HUD, HPD, Sec. 8
- Strong management/organizational skills.
- Able to build relationships and direct diverse groups of individuals at all levels through influence and persuasion.
- Ability to meet deadlines and lead projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work under pressure, undertake multiple tasks as required.
- Excellent communication and team building skills.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*