Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we've been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The nurse practitioner is responsible for professional health care services, in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical/nursing practice for the target population and within the scope of practice. Provide other health care services including but not limited to assessment and evaluation, treatment, on-call coverage and consultation. The provider ensures strengths based, person centered quality of care provided in a culturally and linguistically meaningful therapeutic environment.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patient by using EBPs assessment tools as per organizational policy.
- Evaluate and interpret patient data in order to plan and implement appropriate medical interventions and decrease health disparities indicators.
- Provide general nursing services across the organization within scope of license and patient safety goals.
- Conduct integrating care by completing medical records, health screenings, physicals, in accordance to organizational policy.
- Prescribe and administer medications based on patient needs and care plan based on organizational policy.
- Conduct patient education after assessing patient needs and prior knowledge of medical record.
- Conduct health-wellness promotion activities to educate patients on best health care practices.
- Participate in staff and organizational meetings as requested for care coordination and development of policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures as per scope of practice.
- Participate in all integrated meetings and assist in the development of the Integrated Treatment and Recovery Plan.
- Provide patients with consistent and pro-active primary health care monitoring, treatment and specialty referrals.
- Complete all required training as per Grant regulations and assigned by supervisor.
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor/management.
- Participate in the development and facilitation of health-wellness EBPs group curriculums.
- Complete office duties as needed/required.
- Active and unrestricted New York State Nurse Practitioner license.
- Active and unrestricted New York State Registered Nurse license.
- Active and unrestricted NPI and DEA registration.
- DATA 2000 Waiver.
- Master's Degree in Nursing/Related field completion of Accredited NP Program required.
- Current Infection Control certification.
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- Three years of practical experience required.
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.
- Bilingual – Spanish strongly preferred.
- Experience or desire to work with people who have a mental illness
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Ability to complete work independently as well as in collaboration with team members
- Must be team oriented with a willingness to be flexible and helpful to move the organizational goals
- Excellent computer skills including, Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic communications tools: internet and email
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter to meet organizational goals
- Excellent time management skills
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*