Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we've been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
Under supervision of the Senior Vice President/Executive Deputy Counsel (SVP), the Deputy Counsel shall be responsible for assisting with legal support for all Acacia related entities, including providing legal counsel, reviewing legal aspects of agreements, drafting and negotiating documents in connection with real estate, litigation, and investigations. The Deputy Counsel will also provide advice to, and otherwise assist the senior management regarding commencement and/or defense of litigation regarding various matters affecting the programs and policies of Acacia Network.
- Draft and review commercial contracts including leases, software agreements, and vendor agreements
- Provide counsel on diverse legal, regulatory, and board governance matters
- Advise on compliance with laws, rules, and regulations governing not for profit organizations
- Conduct general legal research
- Assist in responding to external audits, reviews and complaint investigations
- Assist in litigation claims/case management
- Assist the Chief Legal Officer and SVP with special projects
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and active license to practice in New York
- 2-5 years' of contract law experience
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent project management and task tracking skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
*Acacia Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*