The Operations Manager will provide direct supervision to the Senior Shift Supervisor/Shift Supervisors. Assist Program Director with the oversight of the Operations Department, contracted building maintenance, and contracted security along with monitors their tasks and goals. This includes, but is not limited to, record keeping, statistical reports, site coverage, investigations, building maintenance, and client care/crisis intervention. Provide emergency first aid/CPR assistance when needed. Related duties as assigned.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise and coach to ensure high quality service delivery; including: participation in monthly departmental meetings and scheduled supervision monthly at minimum for all operations staff.
- Ensure that supervision subscribes to the established format and reviews tasks outlined by the position.
- Meet all training standards, and schedule regular training sessions to ensure all subordinates meet training standards.
- Ensure all staff meets minimum certification and/or licensure requirements at all times.
- Lead subordinates in crisis prevention and intervention techniques.
- Ensure 100% of clients maintain access to client services (meals, laundry, toiletries, etc...)
- Maintain knowledge of, and ensure compliance with Part 491 and/or Part 900 Regulations, the Callaghan Decree and those of all funding sources.
- Maintain working knowledge of all technological systems utilized by the program and its affiliates.
- Maintain working knowledge of strengths and challenges of subordinates and have a working plan as to how to address those challenges.
- Maintain strong collaborative relationship with all providers affiliated with ANH.
- Conduct regular building inspections to identify deficiencies, needed repairs, and environmental concerns
- Track all building repairs to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Inspect building mechanics monthly at minimum (boiler, sprinkler, elevator, oil pump, etc.)
- Monitor all building violations and take all necessary steps to ensure timely responses and documentation of efforts for remediation.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Complete, review and ensure timely submission of all internal and external reports.
- Ensure work outputs are of substance.
- Review and track work order submission and completion.
- Review and track all incident reports.
- Review and update monthly building schedules inclusive of securing appropriate certifications (operations, maintenance, security, DHSPD…).
- Complete monthly building inspections.
- Track visits and all services rendered by vendors/contractors.
- Complete audit of Fire Safety records.
- Complete monthly inventory of client supplies.
- Produce meeting minutes for each departmental meeting conducted.
- Conduct and document supervision of all direct reports.
- Provide staff with Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) to ensure satisfactory work performance and progressive disciplinary action when required.
- Review and document follow up of all operational complaints/grievances.
- Conduct audit of operational tasks including: bed signing procedures, supply issuance, meal rosters, property storage, locker inspections, daily dorm inspections, facility logbook, incident submission, etc…
- Ensure timely completion of all investigations pertaining to Operations.
- Maintain van schedule.
- Conduct vehicle inspections, ensure vehicle maintenance and proper documentation of vehicle use.
- Ensure the best customer service is provided to every client.
- Hold each client and staff's information in the highest confidence.
- Ensure compliance with behaviors outlined by ANH's Standards of Conduct, Code of Conduct, and Workplace Civility Policy.
- Model appropriate behaviors for clients and staff.
Time and Attendance:
- Adhere to work schedule and ensure adherence to Operations, Security and Maintenance schedule by relevant staff.
- Avoid unscheduled absences.
- Review and manage hours allotted to the department and respond to time off requests.
- Utilize time management skills to prioritize tasks and ensure completion of work in a reasonable timeframe.
- Perform job duties with quality.
- Lend interdepartmental support in times of need.
- Adhere to the Dress Code Policy.
- Model appropriate behaviors for staff.
- Be a resource to staff and colleagues.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all departments, vendors, IVC, HERO, DHS Administration, Hotel Providers, Landlords, ANH Administration, and partners within the community.
- Maintain compliance with electronic communication policies.
- Associates Degree & minimum 2 years equivalent experience preferred
High School Diploma / GED and 4 years equivalent experience required.
- Valid NYC Driver's License
- Willingness to work in all boroughs and commute to multiple locations in one day
- Ability to multitask and function under pressure
- Basic computer skills (MS Office)
- Knowledge of internet and email services
- Will require flexible hours
Recommended at time of hire or required to be completed within 90 days of employment:
- F-80 Certificate
- Food Handler's Certificate
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- Overdose Prevention Rescue Training
- Mental Health First Aid
- CARES (Getting Started & Bed Management)
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*