Casa Promesa is a 108-bed, 24/7 skilled nursing residential healthcare facility providing integrated, bilingual services to adults, 18 years and above, diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. This unique and comprehensive program ensures rapid stabilization with a goal of recovery and wellness.
*Staff must be fully vaccinated per NYS DOH in order to work at Casa Promesa.*
The Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice will provide general medical care and treatment to patients in medical facility under direction of physician. Someone with strong experience with HIV/AIDS population is preferred.
Schedule is: Mon-Friday 10-6pm and every other weekend.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patient
- Evaluate and interpret patient data in order to plan and implement appropriate nursing intervention
- Provide general nursing services within scope of license and patient safety goals
- Triage patients, in urgent care, if required and provide appropriate care
- Complete medical records in accordance to organizational policy
- Prescribe and administer medications based on patient needs and care plan
- Conduct patient education after assessing patient needs and prior knowledge
- Participate in staff and organizational meetings as requested for care coordination and development of policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor/management
- Active New York State Nurse Practitioner License.
- Active and unrestricted NPI and DEA registration.
- Bachelors Degree - Nursing/Related Field Plus completion of Accredited NP Program required.
- HIV/AIDS experience required.
- Masters Degree in Nursing/Related field preferred.
- Three years of practical experience in nursing home preferred.
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.
- Bilingual - Spanish strongly preferred.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*