Under supervision of the clinical supervisor, the requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The Intake Social Worker ensures strengths based, person centered quality of care is provided in a culturally and linguistically meaningful therapeutic environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The functions below outline the general responsibilities associated with this position. Each of these functions is considered critical to effective department operations and our Mission. It is expected that all staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The job description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to business necessity. This is an 1199 Union Position. The salary is $71,617/Hr
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as the intake coordinator and complete intakes, admissions through the ccbhc expansion grant.
- Serve as the intake champion conducting and/or overseeing the completion of all program intakes. Intakes can be completed through field visits as per client's needs and the scope of the grant.
- Utilize evidenced-based practices and interventions to screen all new clients and provide referrals as appropriate to internal and external services.
- Serve as the central point of contact for program applicants throughout the pre-admission and admission process.
- Maintain regular contact with referral sources to recruit program applicants.
- Respond to all referrals, via phone and in person, in a timely and professional manner and follow-up on referrals.
- Coordinate follow-up appointments with medical and psychiatric providers following the completion of the intake process.
- Integrate CCBHC services, including making appropriate referrals to CCBHC services, such as targeted case management and documenting the integration into individualized, person-centered treatment plan.
- Utilize PSYCKES & RHIO for the purposes of case coordination and quality improvement.
- Maintain a small caseload and perform caseload requirements.
- Provide individual and group services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness aimed at assisting them in achieving their life role goals and maintain overall wellness.
- Maintain collaborative and compliant documentation that meets OMH and organizational expectations.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Participate in the on-call rotating schedule.
- All other duties as assigned by the director and clinical supervisor.
- Complete all paperwork requirements and statistical reporting to ensure program compliance with applicable intergovernmental oversight agencies.
- Participate in person-centered treatment planning, including risk assessment and crisis planning
- Provide DSM diagnostic assessment and treatment plan and make appropriate recommendations and referrals and document in accordance with regulatory agencies and policy and procedures.
- Conduct regular collateral follow up with treatment partners as clinically indicated.
- Work closely with clients to reach an agreement on formal treatment plan that address mental health co-morbidity treatment, including improving adherence to recommended treatment.
- Evaluate and provide therapeutic interventions to individuals and in groups using evidenced-based practices.
- Streamline the intake process while working closely with the QI Specialist and management team to report trends and quality measures.
- Actively participate on an interdisciplinary team.
- Partner with multi-disciplinary team in assessing procedural appropriateness, planning admissions, and offering assistance and expertise in clinical/administrative meetings.
- Previous relevant experience in a Mental or Behavioral Health environment required.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or an equivalent related field required.
- NYS License or limited permit in Social Work or an equivalent related field required.
- Experience with the intake process in mental health settings preferred.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- Hybrid schedules available
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*