The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the quality and effectiveness of clinical services. The position incorporates direct staff supervision and a range of administrative tasks related to clinical operations. She/he is responsible for maintaining OMH regulatory compliance.
Employee will provide clinical supervision of clinical activities as directed by Director. Under supervision of the Program Director, the requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The provider ensures strengths based, person centered quality of care provided in a culturally and linguistically meaningful therapeutic environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The functions below outline the general responsibilities associated with this position. Each of these functions is considered critical to effective department operations and our Mission. It is expected that all staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to business necessity.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the clinical department, establishing effective and efficient operations in accordance with agency and OMH regulations.
- Manage the clinical staff through hiring, orientation, training and total performance management.
- Supervise and coordinate all clinical staff and workflow; including delegating assignments and monitoring effectiveness to ensure best practices within the program.
- Participate in the ccbhc crisis call center rotating coverage.
- Manage the staffing requirements for the practice including evaluating staffing needs and participating in the hiring process.
- Revise and implement efficient tracking of planned discharges and coordinate with waiting list of potential admissions in order to maximize utilization.
- Assume co- leadership of the Incident Review Committee documenting trends and remedial suggestions.
- Monitor high risk cases and provide clinical recommendations on evidenced-based interventions and practices.
- Assist in crisis management and oversee all incident reporting to appropriate agencies (APS, Justice Center, NIMRS?etc.)
- Ensure patient rooms are kept within acceptable standards as a function of daily living skills.
- Prepare and implement clinical staff work schedules to ensure compliance and fiscal efficiency.
- Review and report of chart compliance with a goal of maintaining 100% compliance.
- Direct clinical supervision and professional development to clinical staff.
- Provide counsel and expert advice to the Director and other staff for quality and performance improvement.
- Special projects and other duties as instructed by the Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master"s Degree in Social Work or an equivalent related field required
- NYS Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) required
- 5+ years supervisory experience in social work.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Must be able to multi task with strong organization sills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*