Under supervision of the Program Director, the Psychiatric Rehab Worker requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The provider ensures strengths based, person centered quality of care provided in a culturally and linguistically meaningful therapeutic environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The functions below outline the general responsibilities associated with this position. Each of these functions is considered critical to effective department operations and our Mission. It is expected that all staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to business necessity.
The Psychiatric Rehabilitation Worker will provide Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (PSR) services, which are services designed to assist the individual to overcome mental health barriers that may have interfered with the person's ability to function independently and perform normative adult roles in the community. The intent of PSR is to assist the individual to restore the individual's functional level to the fullest possible (i.e., enhancing SUD resilience factors) and as necessary for integration of the individual as an active and productive member of his or her family, community, and/or culture with the least amount of ongoing professional intervention. This is a non-union position and salary is $24.72/HR
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide rehabilitation support, recovery-oriented activities, interventions and skill development necessary for the individual to improve self-management and reduce substance use, minimize psychiatric symptoms, and work on functional impairments.
- Assist individuals to identify a meaningful life role goal and objectives through a person-centered approach.
- Provide coping skills training to improve navigation of psychiatric illness and its symptoms
- Provide social skills training, benefits and financial management, and daily living skills training.
- Assist individuals with dietary and wellness education, including meal planning, healthy shopping and meal preparation and nutrition awareness.
- Support individuals to increase personal autonomy, including transportation navigation.
- Provide employment services to assist individuals in pursuing, securing, and retaining integrated, competitive employment if identified as chosen life role goal.
- Actively participate on an interdisciplinary team.
- Provide ongoing assessment of the individual's progress toward recovery, functional skills and impairment levels.
- Participate in person-centered treatment planning, including risk assessment and crisis planning
- Provide DSM diagnostic assessment and treatment plan and make appropriate recommendations and referrals and document in accordance with regulatory agencies and policy and procedures.
- Conduct regular collateral follow up with treatment partners as clinically indicated.
- Work closely with clients to reach an agreement on formal treatment plan that address mental health co-morbidity treatment, including improving adherence to recommended treatment.
- Evaluate and provide therapeutic interventions individuals and in groups using evidenced-based practices.
- Complete all paperwork requirements and statistical reporting to ensure program compliance with applicable intergovernmental oversight agencies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- All other duties as assigned by the director and clinical supervisor.
- Must be 18 years old and have a high school diploma, high school equivalency preferred, or a State Education Commencement Credential (e.g. SACC or CDOS)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience working with individuals with Substance Use Disorders (SUD) and/or Serious Mental Illness (SMI) or a Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*