The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for reviewing and completing tenant income recertification's at multiple Promesa Housing properties. In addition to ensuring all recertification documents adhere to regulatory agreements and registrations, the RS will assist with tenant outreach as needed and work directly with tenants to gather and organize all necessary documentation. The RS will also provide recertification training, resources and updates to building staff in conjunction with the BG Compliance department. The incumbent will conduct all job-related duties in compliance with LIHTC guidelines, other housing contracts, equal housing opportunity laws, and Breaking Ground best practices. The RS will be part of a floating team and will be assigned to buildings across the Breaking Ground portfolio in Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx as needed. Salary is $45,000/year
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Process initial, annual and interim recertification's, in addition to retroactive rent-calculations while conforming to HUD regulations and HPD guidelines. Responsible for completing recertifications for all tenants in LIHTC and HOME units and ensuring 100% compliance prior to the due dates
- Responsible for tracking and implementing renewal schedules for each portfolio and ensuring compliance to the 120 day recertification period
- Responsible for ensuring all leases for PVB units are approved 90 days before recertification period to ensure leasing rent increases are approved by funders.
- Complete monthly reporting and ensure 95% of benchmarks are completed.
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely records in Yardi
- Identifying households with income reporting discrepancies and make rent-adjustments
- Review applicant files and determining Section 8 eligibility
- Follow LIHTC, HOME, Mitchell-Lama and Section 8 guidelines
- Flexibility in tenant relations, ensuring tenant needs for scheduling and completion of documentation, are considered and met when possible
- Ensuring all leases have accurate recertification information and are prepared for execution. Assists with screening applicants, selecting tenants and notifying applicants of the status of their applications (approved, denied, wait listed). Enters new tenant information in Property Management Software (Yardi).
- administers leasing renewals, transfers, move outs and relocations. Assists with tenant recertification for assisted housing programs as required. Maintains monthly Leasing Status Reports and enforces violations of the lease and house rules
- Understand LIHTC regulations and procedures to ensure properties remain compliant with Federal, State and City regulations, and that leasing meets all Rent Regulations/
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills, bilingual preferred
- High level of organization and attention to detail, comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Quality and customer service driven
- Any additional duties as required by Supervisor
- High School Diploma/GED
- Knowledge of Section 8, LIHTC and HUD
- Must have knowledge of HUD/Public Housing/Tax Credit policies and procedures.
- At least 5 years' experience required.
- Detail oriented and the ability to operate on a deadline driven schedule
- Possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Notary is preferred
- COS certification/tax credits certification required
- Bilingual preferred
- Yardi Experience, required
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*