The Registered Dietitian Nutritionist will develop menus and strategies to ensure appropriate meals and nourishment are provided in accordance with typical and/or special dietary requirements to the adult women and their children (if applicable) residing in a residential treatment program. The salary is $70,000/annually
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate the nutrition care program for each resident which includes the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and delivery of nutrition services.
- Responsible for developing and implementing menus and strategies for providing appropriate meals and nourishment to the population of three OASAS residential treatment programs (819 and 820 Programs).
- Review menus and individual’s records to implement changes to address dietary needs for mothers and children.
- Consult with the clinical and/or operations teams, as needed.
- Assist staff in understanding individual’s nutritional and dietary needs, as well as food safety and sanitation training, as needed.
- Work in conjunction with program kitchen staff and operations teams to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Maintain Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Status, and other appropriate licensure or certifications.
- Facilitate workshops to promote healthy lifestyle for the women and children residing in the programs.
- Provide nutrition education to clients, family members, and staff, as needed.
- Maintain proper documentation in client health records, as needed.
- Review client satisfaction feedback to adjust menus and improve food service satisfaction
- Maintain client confidentiality and work with the multidisciplinary team members to coordinate services with other departments (clinical, operations, medical, etc.) and communicate to team about client needs.
- Assist with gatherings documents and other items for program reports, site visits, reviews, and audits.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and/or a Registered Dietician (RD) with NYS Education Department Office of the Professions
- Master’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- BA degree and completion of an accredited supervised practicum/field work, required.
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment including working with children (0-9 years old)
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*