Behavioral Health (Greenhope Services for Women)
1) Oversee the daily operation of the kitchen and dining hall for women and children.
2) Monitor food budgets and review financial transactions in order to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted. Estimate food and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
3) Work with food vendor as needed to ensure appropriate pricing and delivery.
4) Supervise cook and coordinate assignments in order to ensure economical use of food, timely preparation including evaluation of employee performance in dining hall and facility.
5) Plan menus and food utilization based on anticipated number of clients, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs. May work with nutritionist as available to prepare and review menus.
6) Perform cooking and food preparation duties as necessary.
7) Ensure compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
8) Establish and enforce nutritional standards based on accepted industry standards.
9) Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
10) Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents in order to verify product quality and quantity.
11) Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
12) Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate.
13) Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service including review of work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
14) Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
15) Work with operations supervisor and other personnel to schedule use of client volunteers and/interns assigned to the facility.
16) Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1) Must be formally trained in food service management or culinary arts or have equivalent experience in food service management or culinary arts
2) A minimum of 3 years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility. Experience in Social service or public service sector a plus.
3) At least 1 year supervisor experience preferred.
4) Must have food handling certificate, pass medical requirements including TB test and pass background check.
5) Must be efficient, have strong work ethic and organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
6) Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus.