Working in collaboration with Informatics, Quality Improvement, and HIV Programs as well as other internal and external partners, the Informatics Specialist will use technical knowledge and expertise to customize or configure templates in the Electronic Health Record system to meet clinical and data requirements. The Informatics Specialist will also create complex queries using SQL for reporting in Power BI platform. The salary range is $80-90K
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop NextGen/EHR template customizations and configures System/Practice templates.
- Perform end-to-end testing of Nextgen templates.
- Manage and maintain high-availability database solutions under the NextGen platform and other applications.
- Use a mixture of SQL, programming, and/or statistical tools to pull, clean, and analyze data sets from structured and unstructured data including creating queries, reports, and datasets.
- Develop visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI.
- Write complex queries to turn big data into valuable and actionable insights.
- Analyze user needs, requirements, procedures, and problems relevant to assigned information systems and recommends solutions to improve processes and/or patient care.
- Execute activities to ensure that all backend data sets, flows, modeling and sources are accurately mapped, quantified and maintained.
- Work with the EHR Trainer to develop high quality training material, curriculum, and documentation for implementation of templates.
- Assist QI department in developing workflows that adopt changes from PDSA cycle.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in informatics, data science, computer science or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in informatics and healthcare technology systems.
- Proficiency in Power BI, SQL, and Microsoft SQL Server required.
- Knowledge of Nextgen preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices in healthcare information management.
- Knowledge of clinical workflow and a basic understanding of clinical terminology.
- Experience with electronic health record systems required.
- Must be able to write complex queries to turn big data into valuable and actionable insights.
- Working knowledge of HL7 messages and CCD-architecture.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert at using full suite of MS Office tools
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*