Under supervision of the OASAS Program Medical Director, the Nurse Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process. The Nurse Supervisor participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information about the nursing services. The Nurse Supervisor coordinates care between other professional disciplines as needed. Through documentation and verbal communication, essential information is shared with health care team members. When care is not provided directly by the Nurse Supervisor, the Nurse Supervisor assigns/delegates care to other qualified members of the health team. This position will adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations set forth by New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse to ensure patient safety and compliance. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The salary range is $85-90K
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Uses computer for basic word processing and / or basic spreadsheet use
- Uses a variety of software packages to maintain databases and create complex, custom reports
- Supervises all the LPN’s and monitors productivity to ensures policies and procedures are being followed
- Assists the Medical Director with the history and physicals of the outpatient clients
- Conducts monthly audits of client records and present the results to the QA committee.
- Develops an action plan to address trends
- Dispensing of methadone as required
- Conduct preliminary nursing assessments
- Reviews daily, weekly and monthly reports of the methadone clinic
- Reviews policies and procedures with Regional Director and participates in any changes that need to be tailored to the Albany operation
- Participates in weekly client case conferences
- Conducts “Health related topics” group meeting
- Assists the Regional and Assistant director with the day to day operations when necessary
- Minimum three (3) years practical experience in Substance Use Disorder program required.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing School; Bachelor of Science Nursing preferred.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted NYS license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Current NYS mandated infection control certification (approved by NYSDOH, valid for four years, 4.0 hours).
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.