Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
A porter is a person who provides professional services in cleaning. In either domestic or commercial service. He or she performs basic up keep. They are responsible for making sure all assigned areas of the establishment are clean and maintained.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Receives and follows cleaning schedules.
- Identifies and uses proper cleaning equipment, cleaning solutions, and utility cart.
- Cleans washes, sanitizes and /or polishes furnishings, mirrors, room or bathroom fixtures, appliances, cabinets, heating/cooling system, etc.
- Uses any combination of the following; cleaning, sanitizing, dusting, polishing, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, damp/wet mopping, in the assigned work area.
- Uses proper cleaning techniques for floors; sweep, dust, damp/wet mop, or vacuum.
- Removes dirt, dust, grease and film from all surfaces using proper cleaning or disinfecting solution.
- Disposes of waste/trash (recyclable, regulated, regular medical) into proper container
- Removes and replaces plastic liners from trash can when necessary.
- Replaces or replenishes necessary supplies in assigned work areas, such as toilet tissue, paper towels, soap, trashcan liners, etc.
- Performs terminal cleaning in preparation for new occupancy.
- Follows all cleaning or sanitation procedures in isolation rooms/areas in accordance with infection control policies and procedures.
- Performs duties in an orderly and safe meaner, using proper signs and equipment safety procedures to prevent accidents.
- Assists with general maintenance tasks throughout the facility.
- Other duties in keeping with the scope and nature of the position.
- High School Diploma/GED, required
- 1 year experience as porter or housekeeper
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*