Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are currently accepting applications for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year for Part Time Group Leaders. As a member of ACDP's after school program, your mission will be to provide quality academic enrichment, recreation, and youth development to students between 5-13. The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform under pressure and possess a professional demeanor.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Provide educational and recreational enrichment to students.
- Conducts homework-help, tutoring, etc.
- Ensures that all activities are held with safety as a top priority.
- Providing careful and effective supervision of children’s activities
- Taking attendance, headcounts, and monitoring program activities
- Promoting a safe, fun and enriching environment for students.
- Coordinating activities and field trips for groups.
- Creating lesson plans and carrying out program activities.
- Setting up, breaking down, and cleaning up program area.
- High School Diploma or GED Required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have at least 1 year of previous experience working with school-aged children
- Must have skills and abilities in at least one of the following areas: music, sports, science, math, art, step dance, singing, chess, dancing.
- Understand DOH, DYCD, and DOE regulations in an after school setting
- Have a passion for providing youth with the tools they need to be successful
- Able to communicate effectively with parents, students, and faculty
- Must have availability to work Monday through Friday for the school year, between the hours of 2:00pm to 6:00 pm.
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*