Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are searching for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHMP) who will provide general medical care and treatment to patients at our Methadone to Abstinence, Residential Services, and Primary Care Clinic.
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Conduct initial psychiatric evaluation
- Conduct mental status examinations and pharmacological evaluations •
- Prescribe medications, teach clients about side effects and monitor response to prescribed medications
- Review and sign comprehensive assessments completed by therapists
- Provide recommendations for treatment plans, review and sign treatment plans and treatment plan reviews
- Administer injectable medications including (Risperdal Consta, Sustenna Invega, Proxilin and Haldol)
- Provide services to clients based on current status, risk, and as clinically indicated • Provide clinical supervision to staff on the type and nature of ongoing psychotherapy needs (individual and group)
- Support staff to provide recovery-oriented and trauma-informed services • Participate in staff meetings • Liaison with AOT to establish request for AOT exam in select cases
- Provide crisis intervention services supporting staff as needed
- Use Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and data reports from EMR to track treatment progress and individual client outcomes • Maintains at least an 75% show rate for clients enrolled in clinic and scheduled for regular appointments • Provide crisis intervention services Any other duties as required by senior Acacia Medical Staff
- Valid New York state license for practice as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner;
- DATA 2000 Waiver to prescribe buprenorphine
- Extensive experience working with people with serious mental illness, and co-occurring substance use disorders, and primary health care problems
- Experience working with the substance use and homeless population with mental illness and knowledgeable about risk assessment and risk management
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*