The Assistant Vice President of Network Informatics is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and strategy of the Informatics Department for the Acacia Network. This will include the leadership and technical expertise in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of clinical and administrative systems to assure the provision of high-quality primary and behavioral health care, housing, and other services throughout Acacia Network. The Assistant Vice President of Network Informatics will report to the VP of Network QI and work closely with the AVP of Network QI to provide clinical and business informatics expertise for quality activities.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Design, develop and execute a Business Intelligence and Informatics strategy for the Acacia Network.
- Develops intimate knowledge of the functionality of all Agency applications to maximize their use.
- Understand business model of each division to develop and/or acquire solutions to that optimize the big data infrastructure to drive performance and decision making.
- Lead the Informatics Department which consists of Data Engineer(s) and Data Scientist(s) to design, build and integrate data from various resources, manage big data, write complex queries to turn big data into valuable and actionable insights.
- Assesses workflow related processes and requirements and facilitates system enhancements and modification to meet programmatic requirements.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and process improvement teams to identify potential uses of the information systems and potential improvements in current use of systems.
- Collect ideas for upcoming projects and help develop business cases to secure the necessary funding and resources for their successful implementation.
- In collaboration with the QI Department, conduct data analysis, develop reports, dashboards and other data visualizations that meet the needs of the Network.
- In collaboration with the QI leadership, create, implement and revise policies and systems to implement strategies of the organization.
- Develop and streamline the interoperability of internal and external data systems.
- Drive advanced analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence use in data structures to benefit patient care and reimbursement dollars and other aspects of the Acacia Network.
- Collaborate with leadership to foster a data-driven infrastructure to support Value Based Payment
- In collaboration with the QI, development of a population health solutions which effectively responds to social determinants of health findings.
- Keeps abreast of new developments and forecasts future trends for application integration.
- Attends conferences and training sessions as requested.
- Accepts other job duties as delegated.
- Master’s Degree is preferred but individuals with experience in leading an Informatics program may be considered with major coursework in computer science, healthcare technology, public health or related field required.
- 5-7 years of experience in informatics and healthcare technology systems.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills needed, strong organizational ability required.
- Expert at using full suite of MS Office tools.
- Formal training or a comparable combination of training and expertise in database applications, Crystal Reports and/or SQL.
- Working knowledge of XML, HL7, CCD-architecture, JSON and Microsoft Business Intelligence stack.
- Solid industry knowledge of data analytics and business operations.
- Background in designing IT systems, planning and implementation of systems.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure and ability to design effective clinical, behavioral and support services information systems
- Must demonstrate integrity, sound judgement, demonstrate leadership skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to approach staff about quality issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience working with disadvantaged populations helpful and knowledge of health disparities highly desired.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*