Acacia Network is a multiservice organization that provides Childhood Education, Supportive Housing, Behavioral Health, Primary Care and Mental Health Services to the communities of the Bronx, Brooklyn, Albany & Buffalo – Licensed or Funded by the NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports and NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, NYS Office of Mental Health, Department of Education and the Office of Head Start
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Assistant Controller directs all financial affairs of the facility using generally accepted accounting principles. Responsibilities include but not limited to budget and reimbursement, payroll, business office, billing management, reimbursement, credit and collections, and other financial matters as directed by the CFO. This is a managerial position
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists Controller in the managing of the accounting functions of the organization.
- Assists Controller in the preparation of budgets, budget modifications and all required financial reports.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly Financial Statements and yearly closing.
- Responsible for preparation of schedules, worksheets and filing of cost reports required by funding agencies such as the NYS CFR, DOH AHCF.
- Supervise reimbursement on all grants by ensuring appropriate cost allocation, submission deadlines and adhering to budget guidelines.
- Ensures that all grant and non-grant related costs are appropriately stated in the General Ledger while maintaining the records in accordance with GAAP.
- Conducts account reconciliations and analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Assists Senior Management on all related financial requests and in special projects.
- Oversees external audits for assigned entity.
- Supervises Accounting Staff, coordinate staff workflow and provide training and assistance as required.
- Monitors organization’s fiscal issues and make recommendations to Controller and Senior Management as needed.
- Any other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience required.
- Knowledge of NYS OASAS, OMH guidelines required.
- Knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance
- Knowledge of Medicare and New York State Medicaid regulations a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and FundEZ a plus.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*