Primary Health Care (Promesa)
Quality Improvement (QI) Coordinator
Bronx, NY : 5/21/2021
Primary Health Care (Promesa)
Under supervision of the Quality Improvement (QI) Coordinator is responsible for supporting and enhancing the Quality Improvement (QI) Department for a large community health center in New York City to ensure the provision of high quality, service-orientated patient care and supportive services. This position will use clinical applications software to design interventions support teams in carrying out the interventions, and in capturing data to support workflows and measure improvement in pursuit of clinical excellence. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the La Casa De Salud and Promesa and the Acacia Network.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to conduct Quality Improvement projects that takes into considerations research of best practices, data analysis, implementation of PDSA, root cause analysis, lean management and other QI strategies.
- Development and submission of reports for various initiatives such as external funders, UDS, PCMH, RHIOs, and other initiatives.
- Ability to present and engage multi-disciplinary stakeholders and lead workgroups to improve processes and clinical outcomes.
- Support the Clinical Quality Manager’s efforts to enhance clinical outcomes and maximize revenue potential with the MCOs’ Quality Incentive Programs and Value Based Contracts.
- Review external care gap lists and reconcile against the Center’s records to identify care gaps and discrepancies.
- Develop payer agnostic care gap lists and disseminate to appropriate personnel for outreach purposes.
- Analyze care gap data, develop outreach strategies, monitor efforts and review trends, areas of opportunities and barriers.
- Conduct chart reviews/audits for care gaps and workflow compliance.
- Submit appeals and compliance data to insurance carriers, as appropriate.
- Assist in care model redesign which proactively engages patients and reduces care gaps.
- Assist the Quality Department to internally publish best practices, clinical workflows and educational material to improve clinical measure outcomes.
- Development of dashboards to support QI projects and various Primary Care needs
- Participate in health promotion campaigns and outreach calls to engage patients in activities that encourage self-management of health improvement goals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of clinical measure regulatory standards such as HEDIS and NQF and any other measure steward guidelines, as applicable
- Facilitate patient satisfaction surveys collection and analysis.
- Facilitate the provider peer reviews, collection and analysis.
- Prepare reports and presentation for all levels, including Board level reports.
- Remain up-to-date on healthcare policies.
- Report any unusual occurrences or issues to Administration in a timely manner.
- Attend all meetings and/or training sessions as required.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- One year of experience in a health care or not-for-profit position.
- Experience in data analysis.
- Excellent quality assurance/quality control, analytical and ability to cull and interpret data.
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff, specifically program staff.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize and package information in a concise and attractive manner.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Intermediate Excel experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Urban Planning, or related field.
- Familiarity with Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) measures.
- Experience in community-based settings.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here