Primary Health Care (Promesa)
Director of Operations
Bronx, NY : 5/14/2021
Primary Health Care (Promesa)
Under the direction of the Vice President of Primary Care, the Director of Operations oversees the day-to-day operational aspects of a multi-site Community Health Center program across New York City. Through direct oversight of the Site Managers and Patient Support Center, this position is responsible for ensuring the provision of a compliant environment of care that offers patient-centered, efficient, streamlined, and cost-effective high quality primary care services across each the Community Health Center Program. Salary is $90-100,000/year
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Clinical & Business Operations
- Direct oversight of Site Managers, Medical Records and the Patient Support Center at a multi-site Community Health Center
- Proactive and collaborate working relationship with medical directors and providers to develop and monitor corrective action strategies and communicate status of same to leadership
- Develops and monitors trends and provides action plans for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within the practice operations including site level P&L and budget in collaboration with Finance
- Oversee the management of medical records and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of request, release of information, chart processing, scanning, and e-faxing.
- Strong HR subject matter expertise and experience including recruitment and talent management strategy, labor relation, diversity and inclusion, payroll, coaching, training, disciplinary action, performance review and developing internal talent for roles including but not limited to front desk, call center, care coordinator, patient navigator, and medical assistant
- Responsible for reviewing patient satisfaction/consumer feedback with Site Managers and QI to develop targeted strategies, coordinate trainings, and enhance policies to create a best in class care experience
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills. Able to effectively deescalate, communicate and navigate highly sensitive and challenging situations with a sense of calm reassurance. Execute interventions relating to staff and patient concerns and timely and effective resolutions.
- Organizes work around repeatable processes rather than one-off projects and takes a continuous improvement approach. Updates and develops new department standard operating processes (SOPs).
Regulatory & Compliance Oversight
- Monitors and keeps leadership abreast of regulatory issues, deficiencies, or potential problems that may have financial impacts, personnel concerns, involve regulatory intervention activities in collaboration with Compliance Officer
- Develops and maintains a standard complinace infrastructure across all sites in accordance with regulatory agencies including but not limited to: Department of Health (DOH), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and Joint Commission
- Communicates regulatory issues, deficiencies, or potential problems as they relate to possible financial impacts and/or regulatory intervention activities in collaboration with Compliance Officer
- Investigates regulatory or compliance related complaints received. Reports findings and resolutions to leadership and Compliance Officer
- Maximize patient throughput and review of cycle times. Lead Site Mangers who provide oversight of providers’ schedules and templates to ensure maximizing the patient experience, creating a thoughtful and productive provide schedule and ensuring billing and regulatory compliance with patient visits
- Oversight, implementation and training for adherence for all protocols and policies
- Develops, implements and coordinates training programs in conjunction with applicable departments
- Oversight and protocols pertaining to POS and cash collections relating the patient billing and AR at the center level
- Oversight and strategic planning of practice growth in conjunction with Senior Leadership and Clinical Leadership
- Onboarding new staff in conjunction with Human Resources
- Liaison with the community for new growth initiatives and marketing efforts
- Oversight in conjunction with marketing on social media accounts, website updates and outward communication to the community
- Conducts and participates in internal and external meetings, conferences and seminars as a representative of Primary Care which includes Board of Directors meetings held afterhours and on weekends.
- Undertakes special projects and assignments as directed.
- Masters degree in health administration, public health in healthcare management, business administration, public administration, nursing or equivalent required.
- Five (5) years progressively responsible management and supervisory experience with specific knowledge, experience, and demonstrated ability in the areas of management, personnel development and management, organizational evaluation, professional staff development and leadership skills in an ambulatory medical care setting preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in Community Health Centers
- Good judgment in a) seeking and using information to support decision-making; b) anticipating the consequences of decisions and actions; c) communicating information; d) interacting constructively with others both within and outside the organization; e) maintaining confidentiality, as appropriate; and f) choosing actions that are beneficial to, and consistent with, the mission, goals, culture and style of the organization.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, trustworthiness, respect for others, and ability to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills, demonstrated by ability to identify and use information and data to set goals and priorities, make decisions and measure performance, Sstrong coaching philosophy focused on observation and feedback model
- Demonstrated history of managing people to meet/exceed established Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrated history with budgeting and forecasting
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated history of driving top line growth and sustained profitability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with excellent attention to detail
- A compassionate and trauma-informed care approach to patients is essential
- Ability to travel between clinic locations across New York City
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here