The program assistant of supportive housing provides direct case management to clients and documentation thereof, to assist clients with the activities of daily living, increasing their ability to live successfully in the community. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Foothold AWARDS system, required. The salary for this role is $42,000
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide person-centered case management, daily living skills training, entitlements assistance, and other services per identified areas of need, to clients;
- Complete and maintain initial and ongoing assessments of clients’ behavioral health and medical needs;
- Maintain 100% compliance in electronic health record documentation per Acacia and regulatory standards for assigned clients;
- Provide referrals to services (medical, mental health, Care Coordination, Vocational/educational, substance abuse, etc.) for clients;
- Facilitate individual and group collaborative on Housing Stability/maintenance, wellness, and recreational topics;
- Provide onsite crisis intervention;
- Educate participants with respect to Daily Living Skills, good housekeeping and home safety practices, budgeting, recovery-based services, etc.
- Work collaboratively with fellow team members, program management, and other Acacia division staff, to continuously provide quality services and activities for clients;
- Maintains appropriate documentation of all the tenant contacts in AWARDS, eCOMPAS, DOHMH LOS, HRA PACT, DHS, and other reporting systems;
- Documents bi-weekly progress notes in the participants charts; documents service plans, both initial and review, timely and consistently;
- Complete annual client rent calculations and document changes to client income; address any issues arising with entitlements timely;
- Monitor client arrears status: developing plans for repayment to be integrated into client service planning;
- Conducts home visits to monitor and assess clients’ compliance with the rules and regulations of the program, and to assess the need for referral to support services;
- Complete all monthly reporting requirements to ensure compliance with the parameters of the program;
- Compile and complete service plans and update service plans as required by regulation with tenant income
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Associates Degree required with a combination of relevant experience to client population.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with mentally ill /substance use population.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Must be able to multi task with strong organization sills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*