Behavioral Health (Greenhope Services for Women)
New York, NY : 3/25/2021
Behavioral Health (Greenhope Services for Women)
Under supervision of the Program Director the Clinical Supervisor will provide clinical oversight and quality assurance to all unlicensed and licensed staff clinicians who provide treatment services for individuals with a substance use disorder. The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for adherence to all applicable licensing, supervision, billing, documentation requirements and overseeing the timeliness and quality of a staff member’s clinical work. The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for client case record reviews, performance improvement and quality improvement to include all required monthly reports.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the daily operations and performance of the Substance Use Disorder (SUD) program.
- Manages SUD program operations to budgeted and planned results
- Works closely with staff via weekly supervision to ensure the completion of performance goals. Provides ongoing, regular feedback and performance evaluation to clinicians on the quality and timeliness of their clinical work as well as their caseload. Also solicits feedback from clinicians regarding supervision and whether needs are being met
- Monitor caseloads and ensure the supervisees comply with all agency, clinical, legal and ethical practices. Review and co-sign supervisees’ clinical documentation to include but not limited to methadone dose change request forms, bio-psychosocial history, initial treatment plans and treatment plan reviews
- Becomes familiar with APG and ICD-10 billing codes to include DSM V diagnosis codes
- Oversight and monitoring of billable hours of service required. Provide support, training, and remediation where needed to assist supervisees in meeting program’s billing expectations and caseload requirements, charting, recordkeeping, documentation standards and all other quality assurance standards
- Communicates any concerns about quality of clinician’s work to Program Director in a timely manner
- Becomes familiar with ACACIA policies and procedures and implements in SUD program. Ensures all administrative and clinical policies and procedures are implemented appropriately and effectively. Also ensures all medical and other services to which patients may be referred are known to staff and made available to patients
- Becomes familiar with accreditation and regulatory body requirements related to SUD, federal and state laws/regulations and the applications of such, as applicable.
- Communicates with and ensures compliance with regulatory bodies, including but not limited to OASAS, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Assists with partnering opportunities, linkage/support agreements and other critical relationships to drive census growth and meet regulatory requirements
- Works closely with Medical Director, Program Director, and Operations Supervisor in a variety of areas including but not limited to: compliance with federal and state rules; laws and regulations; compliance with OASAS; performance improvement initiatives; measure of success; productivity goals; quality client care; customer service; operational enhancement; growth of client census; contractual requirements; standardization and conformity; best practices and plans for continuous improvement
- Participates in community relations and development activities to drive and maintain census
- Identifies and implements tactical steps to increase and retain census
- Identifies training needs and makes recommendations to the Program Director. Provides education and training opportunities to all staff to meet required training needs for SUD program
- Participates collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team, able to proactively collaborate with other supervisors and program director to ensure best possible training for supervisees and service delivery for clients
- Facilitates weekly case conferences and group supervision; monthly clinical and medical staff meetings to include incident reporting, client satisfaction surveys, performance improvement, quality assurance and initiatives and chart review findings
- Participates in Acacia meetings, program meetings and required trainings as required
- Contributes to a six month and annual performance evaluations of clinical staff. Helps clinicians identify personal development goals for the year and collaboratively monitors progress toward these goals
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor/management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be a Qualified Health Professional (QHP) to provide clinical supervision in good standing with the appropriate licensing or certifying authority, as applicable.:
- Certified Advanced CASAC (CASAC-A); or
- Certified Master CASAC (CASAC-M); or
- Licensed Master/Clinical Social Worker (LMSW, LCSW); or
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners (LMHC, LCAT, LMFT, Psychoanalyst); or
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC).
- Education Requirements
- CASAC-A – Bachelor’s degree
- CASAC-M – Master’s degree
- LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LCAT, LMFT, Psychoanalyst and CRC requires Master degree.
- 3+ years previous relevant clinical work experience in the substance use disorder field of which one year must be supervisory.
- OASAS Substance Use Disorder training required to be completed within one year of hire date:
- Medicated Assisted Treatment (MAT);
- Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT);
- Confidentiality (3 hours);
- Canon of Ethics (6 hours);
- Clinical Supervision I & II (total 30 hours).
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi- task with strong organizational skills.
- Efficiency and time management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- Ability to work effectively in an organizational setting and understands how to utilize the chain of command to resolve problems and bring program development ideas forward
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here