The Chief Financial Officer is a key member of Acacia Network’s C-Suite Team and is expected to bring to the table a high degree of expertise, as well as the ability to envision innovative and sound financial solutions to today's challenges. Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will be responsible for all financial matters of Acacia Network and its affiliates, and has a responsibility to manage any/all funds, budgets, and fiscal matters in a manner consistent with the furtherance of Acacia Network’s business and Mission and which demonstrates the highest degree of integrity and ethics.
The CFO must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and plays a critical role in strengthening the financial management systems that supports the current and future growth of the Network.
The successful incumbent will be a strategic, hands-on, and approachable financial leader with a broad background of financial experience and have exceptionally strong analytical, communication and leadership skills, and will be able to thrive in an environment that requires strict accountability and adherence to best-practice standards.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assesses and evaluates financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Participates in the development of the organizational plans and programs.
- Oversees all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the Network, in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Office, Board of Directors, and the Finance and Audit Committees of the Board.
- Develops annual operating and capital budgets for the organization.
- Provides strategic financial leadership and support on the evaluation of potential acquisitions, affiliations, and mergers. Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning.
- Oversees forecasting, reporting, accounting, treasury, budgeting, and capital projects.
- Develops and advises on cost and reimbursement strategies. Prepares appropriate financial reports necessary to show overall financial performance.
- Ensures effective internal controls and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting and optimization.
- Develops credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports that will assist the CEO, Board of Directors, and other Senior Executives in managing their responsibilities.
- Partners with each operating lead to identify and establish processes to track and provide proactive and insightful reporting on the key performance indicators most important to driving each operating area of the business.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective problem solver; be viewed as approachable and as a mentor to people in financial issues.
- Shapes the financial operations and strategy for the full array of programs and initiatives ensuring that individual needs are addressed while maintaining a high level of financial literacy and consistency across the organization.
- Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships; initiate appropriate strategies to enhance position.
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the organization.
- Evaluates and develops joint venture arrangements that create collaborative arrangements with external parties and preserve capital.
- Participates in the negotiation of managed care and services contracts.
- Continual improvement of the timeliness and accuracy of the organization’s cash flow and management of the billing process (A/R).
- Evaluation of the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities (where possible).
- Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance functions.
- Helps develop strategies to maintain the financial wellbeing of the organization.
- Master’s in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration (MBA) required.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation strongly preferred.
- 15+ years of broad finance experience in nonprofit setting; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with nonprofit 501(C)(3) organizations required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the 990 and other nonprofit tax returns.
- Advanced knowledge of nonprofit accounting and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Must possess excellent analytical, financial modeling and presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Experience working closely with CEO to create a solid financial plan.
- Prior experience working with a Board of Directors and ability to communicate financial health of the organization.
- Experience in legal, audit, compliance, budgets, cash management, investments, and resource development, as well as proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting.
- Experience translating strategic vision into operational success, experience setting and measuring performance against targets within a complex and evolving operational environment.
* Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*