Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
The Health Home Navigator, in conjunction with the Health Home Care Management Staff, assists in the provision of intensive care management for clients. The Health Navigator advocates aggressively for clients and their families and/or identified social support networks to obtain the full range of services needed. The Health Home Health Navigator provides direct coaching, education, and advocacy in linking, engaging and retaining clients in services identifies in the Plan of Care. The Health Navigator will escort clients to appointments and provide and gather critical information, both in the field and in the office, with the goal of health and wellness promotion and reduction of emergency room visits and increase in preventable health and social events. The Health Home Health Navigator will elicit the support of all providers involved in a client’s care and ensure maximized communication among all parties. The Health Navigator will also conduct vigorous outreach in identifying and locating potential clients either referred through the community or by the lead Health Home. The salary is $32,000
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Complete a minimum of five clients contact per day
- Participate in weekly supervision to review referrals for the week, enrollment, remove barriers to meet enrollment quota
- Advocate aggressively for clients to obtain full range of needed service and ensure coordination of these services.
- Assist Health Home Care Managers with gathering Health Home enrollment consents, RHIO consents, eligibility, and appropriateness assessments.
- Assists in gathering information for Health Home Care Manager that will enhance Care Manager’s knowledge to complete Comprehensive Assessments, screenings, Plan of Care, and other documents as needed.
- Conducts home visits, hospital, and clinic visits, etc. in order to provide thorough support to enrolled and potential members.
- Completes progress notes in accordance with Health Home and departmental policies.
- Participate in quality improvement activities, projects, and reviews.
- Identify new sources of potential clients and community members and conduct outreach presentations as needed.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and attend staff meetings. Be prepared to discuss clinical and operational issues impacting performance and program operations.
- Complete and submit daily activity log in accordance to departmental policies.
- Communicate changes in member’s wellbeing, contact information, etc. to Health Home Care Managers, Administrative Assistant or Supervisors, as directed
- Escort clients to entitlement offices to gain, maintain or regain eligibility.
- Verify eligibility through ePaces, as requested.
- Conduct outreach in accordance to the Health Home policy via phone, letter, and field work to client, collateral, and/ or provider to engage clients or strengthen connectivity.
- Assess and respond per agency guidelines to client complaints or grievances.
- Promote linkage development and monitors effectiveness of linkages with other service providers via phone, face to face meetings and formal case conferences.
- Help maintain health and wellness and prevent secondary disease complications.
- Ensure community follow up to engage the client in care; promotes compliance with medical appointments and encourages client self-sufficiency and empowerment.
- Communicate effectively with Supervisor in identifying strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of program operations.
- Attend departmental and Health Home meetings as required.
- Attend training for personal development via webinar, online training, in-service, face to face on and off-site training, etc.
- Communicate timely and effectively with Health Home Care Managers on status of client and/or outcomes of advocacy and escort.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments with Health Navigator to ensure attendance at appointments or engage in outreach efforts.
- Assist Outreach Team with top-down attributions within all service boroughs.
- Assist in the integration of Health Home with then Acacia Network based on eligibility and appropriateness screenings.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate, verbally and in writing, the aims and goals of the Health Home program and the process to potential clients and community members and Acacia Network staff.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates/ Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One (1) year experience navigating systems for individuals with chronic illnesses.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships.
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter. Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- General knowledge of organization, community and/or social service resources and programs.
- Bilingual – Spanish speaking a plus.
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*