Under the supervision of the Vice President of Human Resources and Talent Management, the Human Resources Generalist as part of a wider HR team, is pivotal in helping drive change and performance management. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned programs and manages the administration of the Human Resources policies, procedures. The Human Resources Generalist must ensure high levels of communication within the HR team and also provide business focused human resources functional guidance with emphasis on aligning human resources initiatives with business strategies & objectives and promoting a high performance environment. Salary is $45-50K
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining HRIS integrity
- Serve as liaison with the Payroll Department regarding ADP changes (e.g. new hires, rehires, terminations, salary adjustments, promotions, title changes, and department and manager changes)
- Double check ADP changes completed by other members of the HRIS team
- Complete and ensure compliance and reporting obligations (i.e. EEO-1, DSRIP, OSHA reporting)
- Ensure proper FLSA classifications and compliance with regulations
- Create periodic and ad hoc reports regarding demographics, turnover, recruitment, staffing etc.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the position control and requisition log
- Ensure smooth transition into process automation system
- Design and develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Conduct training for end users on new processes and functionalities.
- Responsible for reviewing, providing guidance and overall completion of Employee Requisition and Status Change Forms.
- Manages onboarding process for ANH programs under area of responsibility.
- Responsible for effective and efficient management of pre-employment background check processes under all regulatory agencies (OASAS, OMH, CHRC, DHOMH, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with pre & post-employment background requirements including but not limited to SEL, SCR, CBC etc.
- Assist in creating a compensation structure for non-union positions organization wide
- Assists Program Administrators/Directors in developing and maintaining current job descriptions for all staff positions within respective programs.
- Prepares Weekly HR reports for all areas of responsibility (reports include: recruitment activity, employee relations, LOAs, regulatory audits/surveys, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Prepare quarterly report summaries for division/programs under area of responsibility.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state labor laws/regulations to ensure compliance.
- 3 + years previous relevant experience in Human Resources required
- Highschool Diploma / GED required. Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or equivalent related field preferred
- Working knowledge of HR functions including recruiting and hiring, benefit administration, employee/labor relations and compensation
- Familiarity with medical/dental/life insurance enrollment and administration.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Ability to interface with associates and management at all levels, handling confidential issues and information with discretion
- Strong PC skills including MS Office, HR Perspective/HRB and EZ Labor.
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer