Early Childhood Education (UBP)
Bronx, NY : 3/14/2021
Early Childhood Education (UBP)
We are the largest Hispanic non-profit organization in New York, and the second-largest Hispanic non-profit in the country. We’ve been servicing communities since 1969, and we’ve helped thousands and thousands of people with healthcare, substance abuse treatment, home and hospice care, affordable housing, and more. Each year, we care for more than 181,000 children and 118,000 adults. That’s an average of about 3,200 families. And by hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
As part of the education team, under the general direction of the Education Coordinator, with support from the Teacher, assists a given group of children. May be responsible for conducting circle, doing lesson plan and generally assuming the teacher’s responsibility in the teacher’s absence.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- To share responsibility for keeping equipment and material accessible and in good condition in order to encourage maximum constructive use by the children.
- To share responsibility for removing or reporting any damaged or hazardous equipment to the Child Education Coordinator or other designated person so that necessary action may be taken.
- To share responsibility for planning and supervising an appropriate arrangement of classroom equipment and furniture designated to promote optimal program functioning
- To assist in the overall planning for the best use of shared space in relation to the total center program
- To assist the Assistant teacher in planning the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program
- To share with classroom associates their mutual knowledge and understanding of the Head Start program and the sponsoring agency of which the center is a part.
- To promote his or her own professional growth of development through participation in regularly scheduled individual conferences, classroom group conferences, staff meeting and early Childhood Training.
- To share with other classroom personnel the performance of routine chores related to all areas of the program
- To participate, wherever feasible, in related training opportunities as these become available.
- To participate in objective discussions with the teacher and aide about classroom activities.
- Adhering to the approved plan by which information concerning the children and program can be shared with the parents.
- Attending and participating in parenting education groups and training when required.
- Respecting the confidential nature of all information about parents and children.
- Maintaining good working Relations and Objective Attitudes with Other Center Personnel.
- Other related duties, as assigned, consistent with the above and including the fulfillment of full program responsibility for the group in the absence of the Teacher.
- Assist with trips walking through the neighborhood or community bus trips.
- Fire Drill assistance, ensuring the children are escorted down the stairs and back to classroom in an orderly fashion.
- Working within the 8:30 am – to 4:30pm scheduled hours of the Head Start Program
- Classroom assistance to various age groups, assisting with those children that are not potty -trained.
- College Credits Required
- CDA (Child Development Associate) required
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here