Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we’ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
Reporting to the SVP, the Accountant is responsible for providing financial information by recording, maintaining, and reconciling financial data, preparing schedules and reports. Assists in preparing and coordinating the General Ledger for assigned entities, participates in Year End Audits, and gathers information required and facilitates department reporting and variance analysis.
Handle all financial reporting and accounting aspects of all for profit companies and joint ventures.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of the monthly financial statements for assigned entities in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in request for financial information from Senior Management
- Code and record cash receipts
- Code and Process Accounts Payable, and Reconcile Purchase Encumbrance General Ledger Monthly.
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Record and reconcile inter-company transactions
- Analyze General Ledger Accounts – prepayments and accruals, etc.
- Correct errors by posting adjusting journal entries
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with federal, state, and local code requirements
- Accomplish the organization’s mission by completing related duties timely and accurately
- Special projects and duties as needed
- BA Degree in Accounting preferred
- 2+ years related experience required
- Government Contract management experience
- Accounting and reconciliation
- Attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
- Experience working with Accounting software, preferably Fund EZ.
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in computer skills
*Acacia Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*