Casa Promesa Nursing Home
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator
Bronx, NY : 3/4/2021
Casa Promesa Nursing Home
The Nursing Home Administrator of Casa Promesa is responsible for directing the day-to-day functions of the facility following the current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care facilities. The Administrator is entrusted to guarantee the highest degree of quality care will be provided to our residents at all times. The salary range is $130-140K
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the ongoing functions of the facility through employment of an adequate number of appropriately trained professional and auxiliary personnel and the appropriate delegation of duties.
- Provides public information describing the services provided at the facility and sees that such information accurate and fully description.
- Assures that each client’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to lodge a complaint, are maintained at all times.
- Implements client care, administrative and personnel policies, to govern the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Responsible for the facility’s administrative functions.
- Implements the policies of Promesa RHCF, Inc. by making operating decisions, including but not limited to general supervision, programming and, where appropriate, integrating the services of the center with the health resources of the Bronx Lebanon and community agencies.
- Assures that the clients’ council meets as often as the membership deems necessary; and may meet with any member of the supervisory staff provided that reasonable notice of the council’s request is given to such staff.
- Assures that any complaints, problems, or issues reported by the council to the designated staff person or administration are addressed; and that a written report addressing the problem, issues or suggestions is sent to the council with requested.
- Participates in meeting of the medical staff and the medical board.
- Assures that a designated staff member as approved by the Board of Directors is available to serve as acting administrator for all hours necessary so that all shifts – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – are covered by administrative supervision.
- Assures that, expect in a extraordinary circumstances such as health emergencies, the facility has visiting hours encompassing at least 10 hours within a 24 hour period, including at least two meal periods, and that a statement as to the visiting hours is posted in a public place such as the main lobby or the clients’ dining room.
- Is readily accessible to clients and staff for consultations.
- Involves the Client Council in addressing the need to seek compromises between conflicting client and staff interests and needs.
- Encourages professional and respectful behavior on the part of the staff toward clients.
- Seeks to involve staff at all levels in developing and implementing an inter-disciplinary approach to client services, to better serve the individual and group interests of clients.
- Assume full authority and responsibility and authority for program operation.
- Assists in the development and revision of policies and procedures for support and professional services.
- Acts as a resource for responsible departments and conducts regular meeting with assigned department staff.
- Assures that assigned departments and/or services comply with internal and external standards and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of departments/services budgets.
- Assures that departments have adequate personnel and equipment to fulfill program objectives.
- Guides counsels and evaluates staff and department head performance on an on-going basis.
- Uses progressive discipline process in accordance with the facility’s personnel policies.
- Attends and participates in meeting and interdisciplinary conferences.
- Assumes administrative on-call responsibility as assigned.
- Collaborates with all departments and services to coordinate client care.
- Assists in the development and implementation of department specific and facility wide quality assurance plans/programs.
- Develops network with appropriate vendors, agencies, programs, and community group.
- Upholds, maintains and interprets the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures as established.
- Current/valid New York State Nursing Home Administrators License
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Social Services, or Business Administration or related field is required. Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant professional-level management experience in long term care setting
- Knowledge of human services, health care organization and administration, including finance, admissions, and maintenance
- Knowledge of federal and state long-term care licensure regulations
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here