Under supervision of the PROS Program Director, the Employment Specialist requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position will adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations set forth by NYSOMH to ensure patient safety and compliance. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The salary for this position is: $20.87 per hour
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide individual and group services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness aimed at assisting them in achieving their educational and career goals.
- Provision of services that are OMH compliant and in line with PROS Standards of Care.
- Maintaining collaborative and compliant documentation that meets OMH and organizational expectations.
- Develop and maintain a wide range of community based resources to provide training, education, and employment opportunities.
- Conduct initial assessments of educational and vocational needs to develop a preliminary plan of service in the area of vocational and educational goals.
- Evaluate individuals' abilities, interests, and goals using tests, records, interviews, and professional sources.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Ensure all HRA, SSI, and other requirements regarding employability and work readiness are met.
- Actively participate on an interdisciplinary team.
- Provide post-placement support services to participants who are employed or in training.
- Complete all paperwork requirements and statistical reporting to ensure program compliance with applicable intergovernmental oversight agencies.
- 2 years revious relevant experience in a Mental or Behavioral Health environment required.
- BSW or an equivalent related field is required.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
* Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*