The Nurse Practitioner will provide general medical care and treatment to patients in the outpatient facility under direction of physician. This position will be located in the Dunkirk, Chautauqua County region (COTI PROGRAM)
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participating in planning, development, and organization of medical services provided.
- Act as health coordinator to assure the provision of education, risk reduction, counseling and referral services to all patients regarding pregnancy, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases, and all other communicable diseases. Also, training and education will be provided to all staff.
- Meets with all scheduled patients efficiently and reviews scheduling with supervisor daily.
- Reviews all medical policies related to patient care.
- Conduct physical examinations of patients upon their admission and thereafter on an annual, regular and on an “as-needed-basis.”
- Review the completion and appropriateness of all intake documentation, including patient health history (i.e., other medications and allergies), drug abuse history and previous treatment failures.
- Review and approval of initial needs assessment and patient initial treatment plans and reviews.
- Participates in preparation for regulatory agency site visits.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and City regulatory requirements and ensures all aspects of clinical care conforms to these requirements.
- Order, evaluate, adjust and terminate prescription of medication dosages using sound medical, ethical and responsible discretion and meets with the patient to discuss any adjustments in medication dosage.
- Reviews all accident/incidents related to patient care and provides input into actions necessary to resolve identified problems. Implements corrective actions as necessary and appropriate.
- Ensures physical participation in the Interdisciplinary Care Planning process.
- Prescription and provision of treatment in accordance to patient’s medical and mental condition and only upon their individual needs.
- Determine physiological opiate dependency upon admission and patient eligibility for admission to program.
- Participate in a weekly and on an “as-needed-basis” case conferencing sessions with MDT members to discuss preventative treatment measure to adverse changes as well as progress in patient’s medical condition.
- Assures medical staff compliance with all regulatory and licensure guidelines.
- Assures medical staff competence with all applicable policies and procedures of the facility and initiates action in cases of non-compliance.
- Participating in the comprehensive care planning, discharge planning and client and staff development by providing ongoing medical training and education to staff. Assume health coordinator role.
- Providing medical assessment, consultation, treatment, and referrals that facilitate comprehensive and coordinated patient care.
- Providing crisis intervention and consultation on medical/psychiatric emergencies.
- Assessing client’s need for hospitalization and consultation with client’s Physician to include other care providers the patient is linked with and/or referred to.
- Reviewing all patient medication and, if indicated, prescribes medication in consultation with Physician upon patient need.
- Providing the Program Director with reports on recommendations concerning the medical services.
- Provide general nursing services within scope of license and patient safety goals
- Complete medical records in accordance to organizational policy
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor/management
- Active New York State Nurse Practitioner License.
- Active and unrestricted NPI and DEA registration.
- DATA 2000 Waiver
- Bachelors Degree - Nursing/Related Field Plus completion of Accredited NP Program required.
- Masters Degree in Nursing/Related field preferred.
- Valid and verifiable Medical Assistant Certification required.
- Three years of practical experience required.
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.
- Bilingual – Spanish strongly preferred.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*