Under supervision of the Program Director the LMSW of the ACDP-OMH Program will represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required below. The provider ensures strengths based, person centered quality of care provided in a culturally and linguistically meaningful therapeutic environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The functions below outline the general responsibilities associated with this position. Each of these functions is considered critical to effective department operations and our Mission. It is expected that all staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to business necessity.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in integrated comprehensive person-centered and family centered family diagnostic and treatment planning, including risk assessment and crisis planning in accordance with clinic standards for OMH.
- Provide preliminary screenings, DSM diagnostic assessment and treatment plans and make appropriate recommendations and referrals and document in accordance with regulatory agencies and policy and procedures.
- Work closely with clients to reach an agreement on a formal person and family- centered treatment plan that address mental health co-morbidity treatment, including improving adherence to recommended treatment. Treatment plans should be strength-based and identify individual needs, goals, preferences, capacities, and desired outcomes.
- Evaluate and provide therapeutic interventions individuals and in groups using evidenced-based practices.
- Provide individual and group services to children, youth and adults with severe and persistent mental illness who may present with co-occurring disorders aimed at assisting them in achieving their life role goals and maintain overall wellness.
- Provision of services that are OMH compliant and in line with standards of care.
- Maintain collaborative and compliant documentation that meets OMH and organizational expectations.
- Actively participate on an interdisciplinary team.
- Conduct regular collateral follow up with treatment partners as clinically indicated.
- Complete all paperwork requirements and statistical reporting to ensure program compliance with applicable intergovernmental oversight agencies.
- Maintain accurate and complete up to date daily records as required.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Must complete Integrated Mental Health/Addictions Treatment Training (IMHATT) Certificate
- All other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- 1 year previous relevant experience in a Mental or Behavioral Health environment required.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work/MHC or an equivalent related field required.
- License or limited permit in Social Work/MHC or an equivalent related field required.
- All candidates must obtain their License within six months of employment or Limit permit
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multitask with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- On Call responsibilities and rotation as part of Mobile Crises Intervention Team that is dispatched into the community
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*