Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Vice President of IT / MIS will provide leadership for the organization’s technology and management information systems. This position is responsible for the planning, implementing, and maintaining a robust technology infrastructure that supports the organization’s programs and services, ensures technology systems are secured and protected from inappropriate use and unauthorized access, and managing the security requirements from federal and state agencies and other third parties. These systems may include, but are not limited to, electronic medical records, medication dispensing, financial management, telecommunications, security monitoring, and administrative support platforms. Position is also responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of any data created, received, maintained, or transmitted, and providing reasonable protection against threats.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Leads the development of a strategic information systems plan that supports the overall mission, and business strategy of the organization.
- Leads developments, designs and implements new applications and changes to existing software packages and platforms and computer / communication systems.
- Assesses prioritizes and coordinates requests for IT / MIS changes or new projects and ensures project completion within specified deadlines.
- Accurately and routinely projects and provides needed equipment, systems and software increasing efficiency and decreasing costs for the company.
- Works closely with Senior Managers to assure that each Division’s IT / MIS and communications needs are met.
- Investigates new application appropriateness and evaluates unused application to determine usefulness.
- Assures appropriate licensing of corporate software or systems to any third party and assists in their support,
- Assures the security of the organization’s information technology, management information systems and telecommunications lines and equipment.
- In collaboration with organization’s Compliance/Privacy Officer, ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of any data created, received, maintained, or transmitted, and providing reasonable protection against threats, by providing an efficient and prescriptive framework for managing HIPAA security requirements.
- Develops, recommends, and implements corporate policies, procedures, and standards to promote smooth operation of information and communications systems.
- Software and hardware support for all departments.
- Supervises the network administration for both Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365. This includes assigning new accounts, user rights, and security restrictions
- Coordination of maintenance of all computers and telephones with associated vendors. (Note: Internal Phones only)
- Ensure maximum uptime and stability in the computer systems and networks.
- Responsible for the tracking of all computer equipment maintenance, related contracts, and upgrades
- Installation and coordinates training of upgrades for accounting and billing systems
- Oversee the ordering and purchasing, through the purchasing department, all computer related supplies, including maintaining par levels for printing supplies
- Ensures compliance for all Service Excellence related training for staff and self-development
- Models Service Excellence Standards
- Coordinate and collaborate in the overall technology plan for the organization.
- Identify training needed for upgrades and system changes and work with department/division leaders to execute necessary training.
- Coordinates the development and provision of information security training and orientation to all employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or Information Technology, required or ten years of related experience
- Master’s degree in computer science or Information Technology, preferred
- Information Systems Security or Information Systems Auditor Certification (CISS or CISA)
- Minimum of five (5) years of managerial experience in IT / MIS or computer science
- Information security work experience in the not-for-profit sector is preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365 and Nutanix Virtual Infrastructure
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*